The old K-pop forum is back | The Popjustice Forum

The old K-pop forum is back

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by Popjustice, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Popjustice

Popjustice Staff Member

Hello everyone. I managed to find the original K-pop forum down the back of the internet.

What shall we do - shall I just dump all the old topics into this new one? What about duplicate threads? Should they be added on a case-by-case basis?

Let me know what you'd like to happen and I'll get it sorted.

Cheers!

2. Yay! Thank you so much! And the font is back to normal too! Great work!

I think just merge all of it together. Any duplicate threads can be merged too. It'll be cool to have a HUGE complete General K-Pop Discussion thread.

3. Yes, yes I agree. If you could merge them and then merge duplicate threads that would be brilliant. Thank you for finding it!

4. Popjustice

Popjustice Staff Member

I have a feeling that if you merge threads then that might be quite confusing - conversations from both threads would be interrupted by each other and so on... I'll have a look and see what works. Any more tips though just let me know.

5. I don't know how merging works, can't you have the old threat infront of the old thread like that? Like I said, I don't know how the merging works....

EDIT: I agree, try it on one of the small artist topics that don't have many posts. There is only a few artist topics that actually get any use.

6. Hmmm, you could perhaps try it out on one of the smaller artist threads like BoA or Dal Shabet and see what happens...

7. Usually, when you merge threads, the posts still appear in chronological order. So it shouldn't be a problem, should it? Unless this forum works differently...

8. Popjustice

Popjustice Staff Member

Yes that's true Osiris, I am a twat. Will get this sorted in the next couple of days.

9. But just in case, as hazzie suggested, let's test it first on small threads in case something goes (horribly) wrong.

10. Hitori

Hitori Guest

Thank you so much Peter! This means so much to us!

I suggest that the main K-Pop thread and MORE IMPORTANTLY, the After School thread be merged with the current one.

11. 3Xs

3Xs

THANK YOU MR PJ, first of all.

Second of all, as Osiris said, merging threads should basically be like pasting the new threads onto the ends of the old ones, though as others have said I have no knowledge of how exactly that works. I'm just so happy to see it all back!!

12. 3Xs

3Xs

Also, for when/if the mergers do begin

Big Korean Charts Thread --------> Interim K-Charts Thread

The Official Popjustice K-Chart thread is something else entirely.

13. Maybe while we are at it.. how about having these as stickied threads? Up to everyone, just a suggestion
    (MERGING THREADS <->)
    STICKY THREADS
    [OLD]New to K-Pop
    K-Pop (General Discussion) <-> General K-Pop discussion thread
    Upcoming K-Pop Releases! <-> Upcoming K-Pop Releases
    Big Korean Charts Thread <-> Interim K-Charts Thread
    [NEW]The Official Popjustice K-Chart thread

14. ^ I agree, if it's possible to have that many stickied threads.

Oh and just to be absolutely sure things get merged correctly:
    K-Pop On The Telly <-> K-Telly
    Big Bang <-> BIG BANG

15. Pen Expers

Pen Expers Moderator

Too many stickied thread will require more scrolling and look a bit messy altogether so I'm not sure about that.

16. True, maybe just add 'New To K-Pop?'

17. 3Xs

3Xs

Yeah I don't think we need to pin any of the charts threads. The New to K-Pop one would be very useful however.

18. Charley

Charley Staff Member

Hey guys, I'll be going on a merging spree over the next couple of days! We'll be merging the threads from the old subforum into the new one. I assume most will be pretty obvious, but if there are any special cases like mentioned above, don't hesitate to let me know!

19. Yeah now I think about it it would be useless pinning the chart threads, they are usually at the top of the forum anyway!

20. Charley

Charley Staff Member

So that went faster than expected. Enjoy your shiny (or should that be SHINee?! *badum tssj*) newly merged K-Pop subforum everyone!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.