The Passion Of The Groove: The Alcazar Discography Rate | Page 12 | The Popjustice Forum

The Passion Of The Groove: The Alcazar Discography Rate

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by WowWowWowWow, Apr 1, 2019.

1. 'Funkytown' is a lot of fun at best and relatively harmless at worst, no?

idratherjack and WowWowWowWow like this.
  2. Their rendition of Funkytown, already a pretty okay song on it's own, in their sterile Nordic accents leaves me cold and asking why?

WowWowWowWow likes this.
  3. Funkytown is amazing. The last 30 seconds routinely drives me into a frenzy.

4. I love their cover of Funkytown.

Shine On
    Average: 6.805
    Highest: 10 x 1 (@Markus1981)
    Lowest: 1 x 1 (@Empty Shoebox)

And now you’ve gone and kicked out the first ever Alcazar single!! Sad!!!

“Shine On” was Alexander Bard’s attempt to replicate the Cheiron sound. And it perhaps shows more of an Army of Lovers influence than other Alcazar records. The music video was helmed by Frederik Boklund, who directed the clips for “Crucified” and “Let The Sunshine In” among others, and La Camilla made the costumes!

@Hudweiser (5): I only have the Speed Bump Disco Mix of this and heard the original on Dancefloor Deluxe for the first time, which was surprisingly slow and uninspiring, but I guess they had to start somewhere.

@mrdonut (9): A glorious Army of Lovers-style chorus makes this one classy non-banger.

@berserkboi (7.3): I like the melody and instrumental enough but the vocal is so flat dddddd…

@TrueBeliever (6): Hmmmm. Not quite sure how I feel about this one. I’m very conflicted. I like the bassline, but it’s a dreary song, when the title promises something quite opposite.

@Untouchable Ace (7.3): ‘Hit Me Baby (One More Time)’ tea.

@Empty Shoebox (1): For an Alcazar song, this is really boring. Alcazar songs should never be boring.​

6. I agree with what @Empty Shoebox said but somehow still threw it a 7. There's definitely a drop off after the first three tracks.

7. It's what she deserves.

Why does Annikafiore not look remotely like Annikafiore in that video?!

WowWowWowWow likes this.
  8. Saving this.

berserkboi, WowWowWowWow and DJHazey like this.
  9. Just read the earlier Funkytown comments and yes, I am now the unintentional rate villain

WowWowWowWow likes this.
  10. I knew I was supposed to know that lager didn't mean beer from somewhere. I just remembered.

WowWowWowWow and idratherjack like this.
    Feel 4 You
    Average: 6.855
    Highest: 10 x 4 (@Hudweiser, @iheartpoptarts, @Sprockrooster, @ssa)
    Lowest: 0 x 1 (@VivaForever)

“Feel 4 You” marked a reunion of sorts for Alcazar, since Dream Beats is made up of Anders Hansson (who cowrote lots of their early stuff) and Felix and Märta from Le Kid (who cowrote “Jump Straight Into The Fire”).

Dream Beats came 3rd in PJSC #17 with “Love Stuck” and 1st in PJSC 44 with “Wasn’t My Fault,” so they have their own reputation to uphold around these parts.

Based on the scores, they did not reach the standard you would have liked.

@VivaForever (0): Le Kid and Anders Hansson vs. Alcazar should have been so much fucking better than this.

@Eric (3): Not sure what prompted this experiment... an attempt at reinvention that didn’t work, maybe?

@berserkboi (5.8): This is not as good as I was hoping…

@Empty Shoebox (4): This song is just noisy mess. I wouldn’t even like it if it had a chorus.

@iheartpoptarts (10): Next time make a whole Dream Beats / Alcazar album. I love Googling these songs and watching Scandipop stan for everything.

@ssa (10): Not sure where Dream Beats ended up, but they had a good 2-single run and Feel 4 You is still interesting.

@mrdonut (8.5): That I Feel Love-style bassline deserves to be cranked up to ear-splitting levels.

@TrueBeliever (8): Overall I think this is a great song, but it is somewhat derivative of too many songs/ideas. They seem to love talking about love trains, which I hadn’t really noticed before, but it really stands out here. Seems like an unfinished song.

@Untouchable Ace (7.3): A different sound for them, I’m not sure that it works.​

Last edited: May 20, 2019
  12. Next time, it's the first tie of the rate!

Pretty funky, right?

13. WHAT

Feel 4 You was one of my best discoveries of the rate and I thought it was destined for Top 20.

ssa, abael, iheartpoptarts and 3 others like this.
  14. Yas. I actually wrote this definition of a zero earlier today, which came directly from Feel 4 You.
    Originally I gave it a 2.5 or something, but then when I listened to it again, I literally did want to rip my headphones off. Hence the 0.

I honestly forgot it existed or I'd have been calling for its head along with Funkytown's.

15. Imagine if Funkytown and Funky Feet had tied. That would have been amazing.

abael, WowWowWowWow and berserkboi like this.
  16. Same.

idratherjack, abael and WowWowWowWow like this.
  17. I was very generous with my 7 because right now that's a lot of noise. Yes "Wasn't My Fault" by Christie and the Dream Beats is one of my favorite songs ever.

WowWowWowWow likes this.
  18. But 'My Boyfriend's Clothes' is of course even better.

DJHazey and WowWowWowWow like this.
  19. I SHOULD HAVE BANNED ZEROES FROM THIS RATE!!! No comments about Alcazar’s disco dancing!!

Empty Shoebox and idratherjack like this.
  20. I’d have given them both 0.1 then.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.