The PJ Retro Vault | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum

The PJ Retro Vault

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by Jeffo, Jun 28, 2020.

1. I'm not gonna confirm or deny this, but I'd certainly say it's something people should keep in mind when doing their votes!

Sprockrooster, Maki, soratami and 3 others like this.
  2. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

#15 in the 2019 leaderboard
    #15 in the 2020 leaderboard so far
    #15 in the 2020 PJ00s leaderboard so far

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
    WoW73, Sprockrooster, Maki and 3 others like this.
  3. Sprockrooster, Maki, soratami and 3 others like this.
  4. Thanks, sis. I'm going to be tinkering with things for a while.

Maki, soratami, berserkboi and 2 others like this.
  5. Apparently Deleted member 2720.

Sprockrooster, Maki, soratami and 2 others like this.
  6. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

@Keifer3194 is now @K94.

K94, Sprockrooster, Maki and 3 others like this.
  7. Being in the overall top 10 while having participated in 10+ less rounds than everyone else in it? I love to see it.

[​IMG]

Maki, Jeffo, Untouchable Ace and 2 others like this.
  8. Wait @ me coming 5th overall for the year and 6th since PJRetro started! I gotta start building my song list up so I can keep on participating, this is clearly where I do my best work!

9. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

Me seeing myself in the top 20:

[​IMG]

Me realising that the entire top 20 has participated in more rounds than me, apart from @Jeffo:

[​IMG]

And also, because I feel like doing it, here's a list of entries that have received 12 points from yours truly:

PJOPS 31 // Novecento - I Need Love // @iheartpoptarts
    PJOPS 32 // Amy Grant & Vince Gill - House of Love // @invertedbutterfly
    PJOPS 33 // Billie Myers - A Few Words Too Many // @Oleander
    PJOPS 34 // Antique - Opa Opa // @stevo_1988
    PJOPS 35 // Lara Fabian - I Am Who I Am // @ComeOnGloria
    PJOPS 36 // Tight Fit - I'm Undecided // @phoenix123
    PJOPS 37 // Gyan - Wait // @ohnoitisnathan
    PJOPS 38 // Kristine W - Let Me In // @WowWowWowWow
    PJOPS 39 // Vitamin C - Vacation // @br0dy
    PJOPS 40 // Gloria Estefan - Say // @invertedbutterfly
    PJOPS 41 // Doris Dragovic - To // @Alenko
    PJOPS 42 // Adeva - Don't Let It Show On Your Face // @AcerBenII
    PJOPS 43 // Lace - Triple Threat // @iheartpoptarts
    PJOPS 44 // Regina - Day By Day // @popknark2
    PJ Retro 45 // Robin S - Givin' U All That I've Got // @br0dy
    PJ Retro 46 // Laura Hunter - Work Me Down // @CasuallyCrazed
    PJ Retro 47 // Deni Hines - It's Alright // @br0dy
    PJ Retro 48 // Lara Fabian - Love By Grace // @saviodxl
    PJ Retro 49 // did not participate
    PJ Retro 50 // Ultra High - Stay With Me // @Doodvid
    PJ Retro 51 // Lutricia McNeal - Washington // @tylerc904
    PJ Retro 52 // Joan Baez - Love Song To A Stranger // @KamikazeHeart
    PJ Retro 53 // Euphoria - Love You Right // @livefrommelbs
    PJ Retro 54 // Edyta Geppert - Sauve-Toi Mon Pauvre Coeur // @Phonetics Boy
    PJ Retro 55 // Celia Cruz - Te Busco // @berserkboi

It would appear I'm a @br0dy stan. Who knew? The only other people to get multiple 12s from me are @iheartpoptarts and @invertedbutterfly... the first two people I ever gave 12s to.

If these had somehow all been in the same round, the Adeva song would have been my 12. What a tune.

10. I have to laugh at me being 4th for the year so far in both PJRetro & PJ00s.... and like last of all the participants who've competed in every round of PJSC this year. (and never even getting into the top 40 so far in a round there this year!)

11. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

How Comeback Corner of you.

[​IMG]

It's interesting to me that PJ00s is 26 rounds in and no song has picked up 40% of the points available, whereas after 26 rounds in PJOPS there were already songs that had picked up over 50% of the points available. There seem to have been a lot of wins that would be considered utter landslides in PJ00s.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
  12. Me eyeing all of the people ahead of me who don't participate anymore as I plan my future entry into the top 10

[​IMG]

Low-key this is why I've included PJ Retro only stats -- it gives us a soft reset so those lists will be more dynamic for the time being.

13. Amazing recap of this contest - props for doing this, @Jeffo!

I thought that I'd be doing better on the leaderboard, but not getting any medal (so far) and having a few unexpected flop entries recently made some impact on that.

Funny how the contest where I have by far the most potential entries and am the most familiar with isn't my best showing.

14. I think this can be chalked up to PJOPS going through a leaner period from the late teens through the twenties.

15. I like to think I am your favourite with 1 twelve (Te Busco) [a theoretical 12 with The Day You Went Away had you participated that round], 2 tens (Rendez-Vous, Lucky Me) and 1 eight (You Won't Forget Me) - so don't ruin my fantasy! LOL Dddd

16. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

But that doesn't account for The Flirtations getting 53.96% in round 6...

<looks at round 6 spreadsheet and discovers there are only 21 participants>

...never mind.

Also, wait at US #4 smash All Cried Out by Allure only managing 16th place in that round and Hepburn's iconic I Quit finishing in the bottom three thanks to @fistcity failing to vote. (If that score hadn't been halved, it would still have been in the bottom four. Muffy, sis, the lack of taste...)

17. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

Oh, if I go through the rest of my ballots I'm sure I'll discover some interesting patterns. For example, @Hudweiser has never got a 12 from me but I know I've given him plenty of points before, with at least one 10 (for CB Milton's It's A Loving Thing).

Also, I'm surprised that @Jeffo has given me two consecutive 12s but I've never returned the favour (even though I have thrown points at his entries plenty of times).

18. Karmic retribution for UK #5 hit Crash by the Primitives winning two rounds previously?

soratami, londonrain and berserkboi like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.