The Popjustice Eurovizh Alt-Song Contest 2023!

londonrain

Staff member
Taste, I guess.
PJSC voters had taste around 2018. I’ll grant you that much. Now?

200.gif

For the most recent round, my original submission was No Business On The Dancefloor. Then I realised Ça m’ennuie pas was a more obvious winner so I changed my entry, only to be told that someone had sent in a different Chérine song and so she was off-limits, but that somebody else had also submitted Keira so I couldn’t go back to No Business On The Dancefloor. I then thought of submitting Furore but realised it had already been in PJXtra, so I sent Waist… which finished 36th out of 43 entries.

I then tried to send Ça m’ennuie pas to the current round of PJXtra, only to discover that it had been in a prior PJXtra round anyway.

So the whole of the top four in this rate was on my shortlist for last round’s PJSC, and in the current round the #5 song in this rate has been entered.

interesting-batman.gif

He/Him

200.gif

For the most recent round, my original submission was No Business On The Dancefloor. Then I realised Ça m’ennuie pas was a more obvious winner so I changed my entry, only to be told that someone had sent in a different Chérine song and so she was off-limits, but that somebody else had also submitted Keira so I couldn’t go back to No Business On The Dancefloor. I then thought of submitting Furore but realised it had already been in PJXtra, so I sent Waist… which finished 36th out of 43 entries.

I then tried to send Ça m’ennuie pas to the current round of PJXtra, only to discover that it had been in a prior PJXtra round anyway.

So the whole of the top four in this rate was on my shortlist for last round’s PJSC, and in the current round the #5 song in this rate has been entered.

interesting-batman.gif
I think the takeaway from this is to look for songs outside of national finals to enter x

200.gif

interesting-batman.gif
I think the takeaway from this is to send "Booty" and earn that record-breaking PJSC win x

Leaderboard
Elysa - “Bad Philosophy” (Estonia) 14
ELLA A - “Waist” (Norway) 12
Vicco - “Nochentera” (Spain) 12
Ronela Hajati - “Salvaje” (San Marino) 11

Pour one out for Ronela, who made it all the way to 4th place on the second ballot and then proceeded to get a whopping 7 additional points from the remaining 21 voters.

Personally I preferred “Salvaje” when it was called “Qué Chimba” by Maluma but I digress.

In fairness, she got 18 points more than Alise in the end.

Last edited:
Hi Eurovizh family,

Now that we know all of the competing entries in Malmö and the songs that didn’t make it through, this would theoretically be about the time that a 2024 edition of this contest would be close to getting underway.

Currently I am trying to secure a new place to live and until such time as that gets resolved, I am not confident in my potential for rate hosting abilities. I might lock down that residence tomorrow and be all set, or I might still be working on it into the summer…

Therefore I wanted to see if anyone was interested in running this year’s edition — and/or if nobody is up for it, I am glad to do it again but the schedule would be wildly TBD.

Hi Eurovizh family,

Now that we know all of the competing entries in Malmö and the songs that didn’t make it through, this would theoretically be about the time that a 2024 edition of this contest would be close to getting underway.

Currently I am trying to secure a new place to live and until such time as that gets resolved, I am not confident in my potential for rate hosting abilities. I might lock down that residence tomorrow and be all set, or I might still be working on it into the summer…

Therefore I wanted to see if anyone was interested in running this year’s edition — and/or if nobody is up for it, I am glad to do it again but the schedule would be wildly TBD.
I'm happy to collab on it if that helps. Taking it on alone feels similarly overwhelming ddd