The Popjustice Quick Draw Competition! - Round Three and Raring To Go... | The Popjustice Forum

The Popjustice Quick Draw Competition! - Round Three and Raring To Go...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by EnsnareTheSenses, Dec 23, 2012.

1. Hello. It's me, Ensnare, bringing y'all another iconic thread.

Whenever my sister and I are bored, we sometimes like to play a game on our laptops that helps to pass the time, and can produce quite funny results. The concept is very simple: to draw a well-known celebrity/film character/book character etc. in just 60 seconds.

I thought it could work quite well on here too!

There are just a few small things to cover:

- You must use a very simple graphics painting program, such as Microsoft Paint, Paintbrush for Mac etc. Nothing too fancy, and all of your drawings must be created completely from scratch! Just a blank sheet to get started on.

- You must, I repeat, MUST stick to the 60 second time limit. This is imperative, as it gives everyone a level playing field, and also produces really funny results. You can just about get the gist of the person you are trying to draw, but it looks very sketchy! For this, I suggest setting a timer on your phone, or something like that (allowing 5 or so seconds to compose yourself is allowed!), or getting someone else to time it for you.

- Do NOT alter your drawings once you have finished. Again, this is imperative, as it's all part of the fun. Even if it is SUPREMELY shit. Even if your person has no pupils, or no shoulders - that's okay! Again, it's all part of the fun. So don't touch them when the time is up!

- We've found that it tends to work best if you draw the person in question's head and shoulders (sort of like a passport photograph). Anything more and you may find it difficult to get a semi-decent drawing, and just a floating head is a little bit creepy. However, if the person you've been asked to draw has a very distinctive feature about their body, feel free to go all the way. But no time extension!

If you're up for it, register your interest by leaving a comment below indicating so. I'll take names, and then send out PMs to everyone who wants to play, giving each person a different celebrity/character to draw. I'll try my best to pick well-known figures - if you don't know the person in question, there's always Google Images to help provide inspiration. And if you REALLY don't like the person you've been, get back in touch ASAP, and I'll give you someone new.

When you're done, post your drawing! The best way is to probably use an image hosting website (make sure your drawing isn't too huge to start off with!) such as Tinypic or imgur. These websites provide you with links that you can insert between [​IMG] tags. It's just a little bit cleaner than using attachments, but the main thing is just to get them up on here for viewing.

Then we'll spend a day or so discussing the drawings, trying to work out who the people are! Don't give it away if people are having difficulty, as I'll post the results (YES I WILL THIS REQUIRES LITTLE TO NO EFFORT) shortly afterwards. The beauty of this game is that I don't always need to be the organiser. Different people can take it in turns to run each round! And it goes on, and on...

So, I hope this works! It should be good fun. If you want to play, I'll start sending out the names from about 9pm on Wednesday 26th December. I'll then give you a couple of days to post your drawings as and when you complete them, and the whole thing will just flow from there.

As inspiration, here's an effort of mine from this evening:

[​IMG]

Who is this armless* chanteuse?

*N.B. She has arms in real life.

I'd be happy to answer any questions!

Last edited: Apr 10, 2013
  2. Re: The Popjustice Quick Draw Competition! - Round One

Angie Jolie?

And I want to play! Slayathon will ensue from my flawless drawing skills.

3. Re: The Popjustice Quick Draw Competition! - Round One

This sounds fun! It reminds me of the amazing and iconic iSketch, which is basically an online version of Pictionary where you can make rooms and have leaderboards etc etc. It would have been perfect for a speedy version of this if you could pick what people were supposed to draw, but you cant. Instead, you have choose between pre-established categories. Boo!

Also your pic is clearly Janet Devlin.

4. Re: The Popjustice Quick Draw Competition! - Round One

I used to laugh my ass out on Drawception.

5. MFW

MFW

Re: The Popjustice Quick Draw Competition! - Round One

I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest Lana Del Rey?

6. Re: The Popjustice Quick Draw Competition! - Round One

You are correct! The lips were the crucial part.

7. MFW

MFW

It was the chanteuse comment below that gave it away. Heh.

8. Re: The Popjustice Quick Draw Competition! - Round One

Lies. You know it was my startlingly accurate drawing...!

Roll up, rolll up, artists anonymous! I'm sure there are many more of you waiting to bring your outrageous artistic talents to the forum.

9. Re: The Popjustice Quick Draw Competition! - Round One

I like this!

10. Re: The Popjustice Quick Draw Competition! - Round One

I want to play!

11. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Oh, OK.

Ooh can we do this please?

12. Re: The Popjustice Quick Draw Competition! - Round One

Ohhhhhhhhh I can tell I'm gonna be awful but this seems like fun!

13. Re: The Popjustice Quick Draw Competition! - Round One

I want to be a part of this!

14. Re: The Popjustice Quick Draw Competition! - Round One

Oh, I totally forgot about this! I didn't think there was enough interest, but now that a few more of you are up for it, then so am I!

Okay, so the list of participants I have so far go as follows:

heyho
    Glitterizer
    SunshineConcubine
    Tribez
    Christafa
    Stella

MFW and Rommers - are you game? I'll send you both PMs anyway.

So, I'll give out the names of the people you are to draw right now. To get this thing going, how about I set a deadline of Tuesday 22nd January at 9pm GMT? Then you can start posting your drawings after that, and we can all have a good ol' giggle and discussion.

Sound good? Let's do this!

15. MFW

MFW

I'm in!

16. Re: The Popjustice Quick Draw Competition! - Round One

Okay, I'm in too!

17. Re: The Popjustice Quick Draw Competition! - Round One

Great! Just sending the PMs just now.

18. K94

K94

I can't draw but I'll definitely like to take part in the guessing!

19. Re: The Popjustice Quick Draw Competition! - Round One

Not to be impatient but I haven't got any so far....

20. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Oh, OK.

I am inI_CANNOT_USE_REAL_WORDS_PROPERLY, and haven't had a PM.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.