The Prom - new Ryan Murphy film | The Popjustice Forum

The Prom - new Ryan Murphy film

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by maverick_79, Oct 22, 2020.

1. Meryl, Nicole, Kerry, I would be perched for that cast...but why does James Corden seem to be able to mug his way through these top notch acting gigs. Like what does he have on Hollywood producers? I’m still tentatively perched though.

2. I won't watch cuz of James Corden. He is not talented nor does he have an appealing personality, so I'm not sure why Hollywood has such a hard on for him.

Lander, itylts, bakerboy92 and 13 others like this.
  3. WHY do people keep hiring James Corden?!

itylts, junglefish, CIOB and 5 others like this.
  4. My idea of hell.

blod and Cognitive Dissonance like this.
  5. This no longer starring Ariana Grande and apparently being about the adults and not the teens really leaves me with zero interest in this.

6. What's it about?

7. Island

Island Staff Member

I honestly enjoyed James in Into the Woods ddd.

8. I think this looks like an absolute dream.

steste likes this.
  9. K94

K94

Meryl, Kerry, and Nicole though

[​IMG]

10. But then... James Corden and Keegan-Michael Key. Really luring us in only to punish us.

VitaminBee, Steve003 and K94 like this.
  11. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Ryan Murphy and James Corden is a hellish concept.

Mikey1701, Hudweiser, blod and 3 others like this.
  12. I wouldn't expect anything worse in 2020

Steve003 and lushLuck like this.
  13. Meryl and Nicole

[​IMG]

James Corden

[​IMG]

14. Is this a alternative version of Glee or something?!

lushLuck likes this.
  15. If someone could make a compilation of Meryl and Nicole's scenes, please and thank u.

lushLuck likes this.
  16. Most disgusting of all is that James Corden got second billing after Meryl.

Justice for Nicole!

Lander, bakerboy92 and Floppie like this.
  17. I don’t mind Keegan-Michael Key but James Cordon ruins everything he touches. Does anyone like him? I feel like I keep hearing rumors that even the UK can’t stand him.

18. He became more tolerable when he left.

Sorry America.

VitaminBee likes this.
  19. Posted about this in the Netflix thread, but figured I’d also share here:

Watched The Prom tonight and it’s such a high budget corny treat chock full of wonderful performances (aside from James Corden as a tortured gay being the worst miscasting I’ve seen since John Travolta in Hairspray). It’s all very High School Musical & Glee if they were given no limit on how much money could be spent on production, and I thoroughly enjoyed the silliness of it all. Meryl, Nicole and Andrew steal every scene they’re in, and I’d argue this is one Meryl’s strongest performances in years. Also, the two actresses who played the two teens are fantastic. This is the perfect over-saturated cheese for the holiday season - probably helped by the fact that Ryan had no involvement in the writing.

20. Is there any way of fast forwarding and/or ignoring the James Corden scenes.

I've never been turned off by a human being more. Plus, working in TV I have never heard a good word said about him which speaks VOLUMES and is my favourite tv story to spread.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.