The Pussycat Dolls - "React" + General Discussion | Page 351 | The Popjustice Forum

The Pussycat Dolls - "React" + General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Lucas, Oct 8, 2017.

1. Oh I'll definitely rebook, it's just annoying as I had really good seats but it's a lot of money to be sitting in someone else's bank account indefinitely.

2. The fact Kimberley & Carmit keep talking about September means they’ve got dates booked & they’re just waiting for the official announcement. They might be waiting for Nicole & Robin to make amends, Melody to be able to participate in the tour, have more new music ready, or all three options. I just wish there was a bit of confirmation.

3. RMK

RMK

They're definitely just clinging to hope because breaking such an intense contract with Live Nation is dumb. Nicole and Robin is just ego verse ego, and it's quite disappointing considering the dolls are literally her best career move.

POPGASM and HolyWater like this.
  4. I’m guessing we won’t be any further forward until at least after the court date in March. Unless they somehow settle it before then.

I really hope it goes ahead.

5. If it does happen it’ll probs get pushed back to 2023 to give them time to get their ducks in a row (again)

6. It’ll cost them both a fortune if it actually gets to court, not to mention all the additional negative publicity.

blaze_dave and HolyWater like this.
  7. PCD "For Realz This Time" Tour 2023 (Fan Demanded featuring Melody Thornton) would be the biggest scream and plot twist of this reunion.

Vixen and eyeline like this.
  8. kal

kal

This thread keeps reading like the Sugababes thread.

9. Perhaps by 2025 they will have finally sorted this and we’ll get a twenty year anniversary edition of PCD!

10. PCD will probably beat the Sugababes regarding a new album

eyeline and Rob like this.
  11. Bigger news than the comeback itself!

Wishlight, Vixen, 4Roses and 7 others like this.
  12. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

In later years Melody made it clear that she was upset with Nicole's dream being prioritized at the sake of hers being ignored, and that she now doesn't necessarily blame her directly because she understood wanting to heard/seen etc. I think it was clear resentment and anger toward her final year or so in the group and even in the aftermath and her therapy:

I don't doubt that Robin was likely part of their animosity since she made it clear she could make the most money while paying everyone as little as possible, while giving Nicole her demands. It's clear Melody hated having talent but being treated like Nicole deserved more. I think much of it is less of Melody hating Nicole but more so the opportunities that she received. In the end they're both musicians and it's nice to see there being better energy between them.

sesita likes this.
  13. Melody can sing but really can't hold a candle to Nicole vocally. Happy to see them not at eachother's throats anymore though. Nobody likes to see women pinned against eachother.

Vixen and Rob like this.
  14. Melody is a decent singer, and the other girls can hold their own. It's a shame their voices were never utilized during their time together.

Vixen likes this.
  15. I imagine they all never got the amount of vocal training/confidence boost normal artists would get. Or if they did, it would have been a few, not regular weekly training. They seem like the type of group where it was all dance focussed with a bit of 'this will do' and 'we'll get to that bridge' attitude.

Chris_P and YourLeadSinger like this.
  16. I think Melody simply just wanted to be featured and that happened less & less between studio albums. It's a shame Nicole was adamant on being the sole vocalist as you can hear how well they bounce off each other when Melody is featured:

sesita likes this.
  17. I don’t think it was Nicole pushing for being a sole vocalist.

Nicole wanted a solo career, label and management pushed Nicole to the forefront and treated the others as back-up dancers, Nicole got more creative freedom and the label pushed the others back even more. It was never the case of Nicole pushing the others away. She got an opportunity and took it. Melody didn’t blame her for that, she just wanted the same. At the same time the label/management didn’t want Nicole to leave, so gave her even more freedom.

It also makes sense for Nicole to demand more during this reunion. She knows that she’ll be the one in charge of the music, videos, performances and connections within the industy. Robin just doesn’t want to give her that much of a share. However when they equally take ownership of PCD, the possibilities could be endless: touring with the recording group, Vegas residency with guests, merch, a dance studio named after them etc. Robin should just accept the fact that it should be her AND Nicole in charge for the PCD brand to last.

Wishlight, Vixen, PopCrushed and 8 others like this.
  18. This whole “Nicole is a tyrant who shoved the other girls to the back” narrative is still going on strong in 2021?

Wishlight, Vixen, PopCrushed and 6 others like this.
  19. kal

kal

She's just Your Lead Singer. ~

Vixen and YourLeadSinger like this.
  20. RMK

RMK

Melody's adlibs were never something I needed honestly. Especially in the live clips. The parts she was given never reflected the need for another singer.

YourLeadSinger likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.