The Pussycat Dolls - "React" + General Reunion Chat | Page 345 | The Popjustice Forum

The Pussycat Dolls - "React" + General Reunion Chat

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Lucas, Oct 8, 2017.

1. Kimberly reacted to the Nicole/Robin situation.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2021
  2. It could all still happen I guess.

3. She is so charismatic, she even makes that talk entertaining. The talent all these girls are gifted with...
    [edit: I hope it is clear that I meant nothing more than that she is a joy to watch talking because of her charisma, positivity etc. Not that this situation or her position is entertaining...]

Last edited: Sep 17, 2021
    goldfish, Vixen, Rei Ayanami and 3 others like this.
  4. I actually feel really bad for Kim. She pushed for the reunion the most since like 2017 and made a lot of effort to bring the girls in contact with each other again.

5. Not to mention pulling off that X Factor performance just a few weeks after giving birth!

6. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

Just an update - I'm bringing this back to the main forum. The group status might be undecided but the girls haven't disbanded. Until we know what's going on and we see how the legal drama plays out, they're closer to active than not.

7. Yeah, Kim is fantastic, super talented as are all the girls really. I really do hope they manage to make this happen.

8. Just let it be Pussycat Dolls featuring Kimberley Wyatt and she can do all the lead vocals for new album and tour.

9. Listening to React for the first time in a while and it’s a banger, this & Buttons are their best songs. Hopefully this mess can be worked out because I really feel like they’ve got a lot more to provide as a group.

10. RMK

RMK

It would be very on-brand for them to carry on after a lawsuit, passive aggression is unfortunately in their DNA at this point.

11. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

The Dolls have always been a business prospect; there now being legal issues that are currently public isn't unsurprising. Theirs was never an organic passion project, but one built out of commercial viability. So this is literally standard speed-bump territory for any entity of its kind.

12. It's mainly Robin's 'fault'. Usually even bands put together by management teams or labels eventually get to claim their name and start operating as their own band but with Robin basically owning anything PCD related it makes things worse.

Laurence, JasonJay, Vixen and 5 others like this.
  13. It’s always been.

The legend. The Lead Pussycat.
    She’s hot as a stove. Her name is…

NIIICCCOCOOOOOLLLEEEEEEEEEEEE YEAHHH!

Man, the original intro to “Poison” was iconic.

JasonJay, kal, W2K and 3 others like this.
  14. I think that's what helped The Pussycat Dolls.

Other girlbands didn't have someone like Robin caring for their image, career, music, videos... And I think Robin is the person who made the Pusscat Dolls succeed worldwide with just two albums (but many visuals, tours, endeavours...).

15. I think Robin’s involvement post-Don’t Cha is a partial question mark though, isn’t it? Obviously she had the initial idea, but the underground, cabaret/burlesque imagery, visuals and music were somewhat left by the wayside. I’m not sure what knowledge Robin has of r’n’b “””urban””” pop music that the Dolls eventually settled on.

Txetxu, Krissykins and Vasilios like this.
  16. Replace Nicole with Luann and keep it moving tbh

17. Wow, she has really picked up a bit of a British twang!

goldfish, AllRed and Sugaboy like this.
  18. Nicole definitely has bops. The whole “Big Fat Lie” album was such a banger.

I think Nicole’s lack of success solo wise stems from a visual aspect. Nicole by herself does not execute the same energy as she does with the girls .

The stage presence of Carmit, Kimberly and Ashley is what truly made PCD special to me. They literally perform the house DOWN. They are so charismatic and their image within the group stuck out the most imo.

goldfish likes this.
  19. Now what did poor Jessica do!

20. For better or worse Robyn was always very involved with the band as seen from the video below when they went on tour with the Black Eyed Peas:

I also have a feeling that she was able to get very favorable terms for her personally when the band got their record deal with Interscope.

johnoclock likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.