The Pussycat Dolls - React / UK Tour 2020 | Page 144 | The Popjustice Forum

The Pussycat Dolls - React / UK Tour 2020

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Lucas, Oct 8, 2017.

1. The fact that Robin herself scammed her way into the group front and center for this performance...

The fact that alt-right troll Kaya Jones was given both a verse and a bridge while Melody still had to claw her way to get one shouty ad-lib in...

2. Melody is a very talented vocalist but she has always thought that she's Christina Aguilera and for some reason insists on oversinging way beyond what's healthy for her voice. I still really like her, but she pushes her voice way too hard.

myblood, nikkysan, Sunny B and 15 others like this.
  3. Why wasn't Robin part of the musical group?

CasuallyCrazed likes this.
  4. Carmit is the most iconic second tier member.

Been LOOKING the same for fifteen years.

5. She's a full 20 years older than the other girls and vaguely resembles Jigsaw.

Would have been iconic to be honest. I wish she would join.

6. Tea. But it's a bit iconic how you'll be bopping to a PCD song only for Melody's loud ass overstretched ad libs to bulldoze their way in and screw with the vibe.

7. I never realised how many of her (small) song moments I love! She has a great tone.

Fanatical and Sugaboy like this.
  8. Nicole: let it go, let it go, let it gooo
    Melody: LE HET AYT GooOOOO OOOWOAAAAAAAHHAGGHH AGHHH

Never has someone's name been so incongruous with their delivery.

9. If she actually got decent amounts to sing, maybe she would have held back a bit rather than trying to fit four minutes of singing into ten seconds each time?

It's not like she does this on her own solo material.

10. Nnnnnot Jigsaw!

[​IMG]

11. Yes, I love hearing all the background vocals and everything that made these songs so perfect! I just found this alternate version of When I Grow Up with Melody on the chorus:

Sugaboy, Jesus Jugs and Reboot like this.
  12. Nawt Kimberly influencing drag fashion 5 years later

[​IMG]

myblood, dirtypony, nikkysan and 16 others like this.
  13. Not to be that girlband stan but remember when:
    1. Shaznay snuck into the studio early to delete the Appleton sisters' ad libs on Never Ever.
    2. Keisha sang quietly at soundcheck so her mic would be turned up and she'd be louder than her fellow members at live shows.

Nicole is the third part of the trifecta.

14. I still scream at the thought of someone going "whoops can't have both albums be 100% Nicole, quick get Carmit/Jessica in the studio for these bits" and Melody vaulted a fence and snuck around the back of the studio to warble in the background.
    asdahskjdfhsdkj that sounds very early Shaznay ddd

15. Nicole looking all sultry while she lip-syncs to Carmit's vocals.... Meanwhile Melody is over there acting like she's singing Listen by Beyonce.

[​IMG]

16. RMK

RMK

This timeline is.. Confusing. From my understanding, Melody and Nicole (as lead, duh) are supposed to be the vocalists of the group, with Carmit and Jessica being backing vocals if necessary.

So, basically, when Doll Domination came around and Nicole's songs were used they didn't bother asking Melody to record anything?

17. I watched the video earlier today and Melody's low angle solo shots actually physically startled me.

18. Wait.

3. Dawn Richard posting really shady shit on Danity Kane's official forum and then saying it was her boyfriend when the other girls tracked the IP address.

19. I can’t at this Carmit erasure.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.