The Pussycat Dolls - React / UK Tour 2020 | Page 145 | The Popjustice Forum

The Pussycat Dolls - React / UK Tour 2020

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Lucas, Oct 8, 2017.

1. Then how did you deal with the entire group's run until Carpet left.

2. I think Nicole (lead), Melody (background), and Carmit (background) were the singers of the group. When Doll Domination came around, a lot of the songs were from Nicole's solo sessions, but songs like Elevator and Takin' Over the World had more Melody on them.

brunogrey likes this.
  3. Yeah, this is most likely the explanation for her infamous shouty ad-libs. You can really hear the frustration in her voice and tell how badly she wants to show of her singing capabilities. Too bad it almost always resulted in the opposite because of her overreaching.

myblood, Sunny B, sesita and 5 others like this.
  4. Just... no.

5. [QUOTE="Nicky, post: 7202730, member: 13126"]I think Nicole (lead), Melody (background), and Carmit (background) were the singers of the group. When Doll Domination came around, a lot of the songs were from Nicole's solo sessions, but songs like Elevator and Takin' Over the World had more Melody on them.[/QUOTE]

Yep that was the initial setup for PCD,when DD came around it was predominately Nicole Solos but had a strong presence of Melody as well as she did a lot of the middle 8/bridges Love The Way You Love Me,Elevator,Takin Over The World,Painted Windows etc...

Jessica also did most of Carmit's bit during their last tour and got to sing on Top Of The World..(Nicole also pushed for Jessica to get in on the dance club songs she couldn't fulfill ala White Lies,Make It Last etc which pretty much catapulted Jessica to have many of her songs do well on the billboard dance charts,several going top 3 or number 1.)

6. Nicole was always closest to Jessica (and to Carmit to an extent). One thing I really liked from them was that they all truly liked each other. Obviously Nicole was more distant to the other girls because of personal struggles and the consequences of her being lead. But apart from the occasional frustration outburst (which was more targeted to label/management I think), it’s amazing that they got on so well.

Obviously towards the end there was some bitterness and they where all burned out from working non stop, but the perception that nobody liked Nicole and that they always had these huge fights is a reach. In terms of friendship and bond they were more Little Mix than Fifth Harmony.

londonrain likes this.
  7. With all girl groups in general, there's always this weird (sexist) notion that the members don't like each other because "women can't get along". It's exhausting.

myblood, londonrain, Sunny B and 11 others like this.
  8. Just no.

9. Yes, actually the shot was taken seconds before Nicole used her superpowers to eclipse the others and make sure she's the only one in sight.
    [​IMG]

10. During Xmas week last year, top 40:

2. ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS IS YOU
    3. LAST CHRISTMAS
    6. DO THEY KNOW IT'S CHRISTMAS
    7. IT'S BEGINNING TO LOOK A LOT LIKE
    8. ONE MORE SLEEP
    9. MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE
    10. STEP INTO CHRISTMAS

11. DRIVING HOME FOR CHRISTMAS
    12. I WISH IT COULD BE CHRISTMAS EVERYDAY
    13. SANTA TELL ME
    16. ROCKIN' AROUND THE CHRISTMAS TREE
    17. MERRY XMAS EVERYBODY
    18. HAPPY XMAS (WAR IS OVER)
    20. WONDERFUL CHRISTMASTIME

22. CHRISTMAS (BABY PLEASE COME HOME)
    23. COZY LITTLE CHRISTMAS
    24. SANTA'S COMING FOR US
    25. MARY'S BOY CHILD/OH MY LORD
    28. MISTLETOE
    29. IT'S THE MOST WONDERFUL TIME OF THE YEAR
    30. SANTA CLAUS IS COMING TO TOWN

31. WHITE CHRISTMAS
    37. UNDERNEATH THE TREE
    38. LONELY THIS CHRISTMAS
    39. BABY IT'S COLD OUTSIDE

Sorry, you were saying?

11. Do we really think they're gonna set the charts on fire in 2019/2020, Christmas or not?

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
  12. I was saying Christmas freeze isn't a thing in the UK.

13. Hmmm.

14. Depends on how the promo is handled. The song has potential in my opinion.

15. UK's chart shows otherwise.

16. Just wait until post-apocalyptic pop sweeps what's left of the Billboard charts.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
  17. No, but at least they'll have a fair shot without Xmas songs flooding streaming services.

18. Howling.

19. Wow she sounds very similar to Nicole imo that’s why I probably didn’t realise what she sang on some songs .

20. I love Carmit and Melody’s lines in Beep.

Sugaboy likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.