The Pussycat Dolls - React | Page 316 | The Popjustice Forum

The Pussycat Dolls - React

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Lucas, Oct 8, 2017.

1. I guess Kimberly wasn't in the mood to put on the AliExpress wig just to do a leg lift during the instrumental

4Roses, Jamie, Subspace88 and 9 others like this.

2. Gosh I really need them back this year

3. Nicole looks like she's wearing a sweat suit.

4. In case she gets a little wet

*i feel like I should get a pass on this pathetic joke due to the fact that Killer Love was just blessed upon US streaming services this week and it’s obviously in the front of my brain.

4Roses, Mr_Matt, Subspace88 and 8 others like this.
  5. Kimberly was on Celebrity Mastermind tonight. Looking amazing!

6. Well the fact they're signing with new management and have interest from labels seems to suggest that PCD is the main priority for everyone.
    Reports all mention new music as well.
    Nicole's been writing throughout covid so I'm sure she'll have enough material come mid year for a new PCD album fingers crossed.

7. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

I love BTS footage so much.

Jamie, Runawaywithme, Sugaboy and 2 others like this.

8. Not sure if this has been posted before,

In case anyone is bored in lockdown and wants a revisit of their reality show. (Uploaded on YouTube in May last year)
    I remember this airing in the UK on 4Music.

4Roses, Runawaywithme, poploz and 2 others like this.
  9. I feel like I'm the only person who didn't mind Asia. Girl could DANCE, which was the only reason she was chosen and why she would have been an unobtrusive fit in the group; maybe they would have given her a line here or there on a couple album tracks. But her vocals were not it, even though the reality show clearly processed everyone's voice to hell and back, and she STILL sounded awful. 17 year old me was legit upset when she wasn't at Live Earth because I was actually rooting for her, ugh

Or more likely I was just desperate for a 7th Doll so that they would stop awkwardly shoving Jessica or Kim into the back during photos to let Nicole be in the centre.

Conan and lushLuck like this.
  10. Did Asia go on to do anything after this? I don’t know who enters a competition, wins it, then doesn’t wanna follow through? The prize was to join the pussycat doll group wasn’t it?

11. That was the prize for winning the reality show, yeah, but she was apparently never contractually obligated to join. About a year after the reality show Asia joined Murder, Inc, and did some modelling for Diddy's weird clothing line. But then a year after THAT, she left music entirely and went back to being a cheerleader for the NY Knicks. She was working as a hostess and choreographer a few years ago at a sushi restaurant/karaoke bar that went out of business after the owner took all the money and ran. I have no idea what she does now, but she's been uploading random stuff to her Youtube channel.

12. If they were smart and wanted to grab some real attention from the fans, general public and the media the next single should be led by the other Dolls and save Nicole for the middle 8 and end ad libs (the Melody spot).
    It would be so unexpected and what people have always said they wanted and their solo material shows that all 4 Dolls are competent vocalists.

POPGASM likes this.
  13. RMK

RMK

Nicole is the signature voice. Being honest, the public doesn't care about hearing everyone first. They are profiting off nostalgia here, not breaking out as a modern group with a new mold.

Robert, AlmostFamous, 4Roses and 12 others like this.
  14. Yeah, the other Dolls singing would not necessarily mean it’ll be a hit. Besides, whining over the other Dolls not singing is mostly just a meme at this point.

Mr.Arroz and Yuri like this.
  15. A song that is not predominantly led by Nicole (doubt she'd ever be relegated to a feature though) might draw some more attention as something different from them, especially since "why can't we hear the other girls?" was a major talking point since at least Doll Domination. I don't think it was just the hardcore fans. Of course, the hardcore fans are the only ones who have any real interest in something like this though.

brunogrey likes this.
  16. I love me some PCD but at this stage, not even I care if the girls have vocals on songs. React was the way to reintroduce the band and they chose to follow the same formula. Stick to that and keep giving us the bangers together with the amazing choreo as they always do.

AlmostFamous and lushLuck like this.
  17. I understand the sentiment, however the Pussycat Dolls have always been Nicole featuring the other Dolls. What they are doing with React is great, though. The main complaint from the old days was that they weren't actually using their vocals, whereas they are now.

Mr.Arroz, lushLuck and 2014 like this.
  18. 2014

2014 Staff Member

UGH this video still - fire!!!

vinegar-tits likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.