The Pussycat Dolls

76e213e211caa5fd154bc2c68b26b05184342ac5.gifv

Might try and get my 3 month old niece to do this move at her Christening today

Looking back at the performance Nicole actually didn’t sing that many ‘solo’ lines. They just didn’t make the effort to put the other girls in the spotlight but they all sang/lip synced the choruses. It wasn’t until the middle 8 of When I Grow Up that Nicole had her solo moment. We have no idea if Nicole will sing all the verses of Buttons and When I Grow Up etc.

My only point of critique is that the camera should’ve focused more on the other dolls during the choruses and the intro of Don’t Cha was a chance to split the lines between Jessica, Carmit and Nicole. That way it would have been; Buttons: all together, When I Grow Up: primarily Nicole, Don’t Cha: even split, React: back to Nicole. That would have made a big difference for the general public in terms of equality.

he/him
That would have made a big difference for the general public in terms of equality.
The general public aren't the ones caring about Jessica or Ashley getting a line, it's stans and pop forums. It was a one off performance to tell the GP they were back and the GP knew the group as primarily Nicole singing. I am 100% sure the tour will come about and they will all have a chance to shine.

I'm finding it difficult to believe people are finding any fault with this performance - when was the last time a girlband (or any act, really?) pulled off something so spectacular and arresting? These women - some of whom in their forties, one of which birthed a human being through a major surgery six weeks ago, threw themselves off a stage and ended the performance in full aqua-choreography. Whether they had a week or a year to prepare for this - it's still amazing.

The general public aren't the ones caring about Jessica or Ashley getting a line, it's stans and pop forums. It was a one off performance to tell the GP they were back and the GP knew the group as primarily Nicole singing. I am 100% sure the tour will come about and they will all have a chance to shine.

I'm not sure I entirely agree with this - one of the general criticisms the band has always received from both the public and the media is how it's always been the Nicole show, to the point of it becoming a joke. I don't know if it's a marketing issue, or a semantics one, but a recurring commentary is "how are they a girlband if only one is singing". The GP always found issue (in part because they're a girlband, so they will always find one) with how they were presented.

Then again, I completely agree that it was correct to come back the way they were known, and maybe use the tour and future releases as chances to be more equitable.

I wonder if the new single will be a one off, for a new album or a Greatest Hits.
A Greatest Hits would be great even just after two albums!

1. React
2. Don't Cha
3. Sway (know it wasn't a hit in the UK at least but still)
4. Stick Wit U
5. Beep
6. Buttons
7. I Don't Need A Man
8. Wait A Minute (know it wasn't a hit but the video was everywhere at the time!)
9. When I Grow Up
10. Whatcha Think About That
11. I Hate This Part
12. Jai Ho
13. Hush Hush

D

Deleted member 2097

1. React
2. Don't Cha
4. Stick Wit U
5. Beep
6. Buttons
7. I Don't Need A Man
8. Wait A Minute (know it wasn't a hit but the video was everywhere at the time!)
9. When I Grow Up
11. I Hate This Part
12. Jai Ho
13. Hush Hush

I’d want more than one new song tbf.

1. React
2. Don't Cha
4. Stick Wit U
5. Beep
6. Buttons
7. I Don't Need A Man
9. When I Grow Up
11. I Hate This Part
12. Jai Ho
13. Hush Hush

It would be the easiest and quicker route to sort.

Wait and see I guess.

1. React
2. Don't Cha
4. Stick Wit U
5. Beep
6. Buttons
7. I Don't Need A Man
9. When I Grow Up
11. I Hate This Part
12. Jai Ho
13. Hush Hush

I don't think Sway bothered the charts in the UK but it was on TV all the time so it's at least not unheard of