The Pussycat Dolls

The passive aggression in this thread is something else.

Yes all five dolls are on the track, albeit only in the form of background harmonies, but what did you guys expect? It's a massive bop that manages to throwback to their prime whilst keeping one foot firmly in 2020 which is enough to be grateful for in my opinion.

I know it doesn't mean much nowadays but they'll be hitting 1 on iTunes shortly if the latest Kworb update is accurate!

Ashley is obviously in a very different place now to back then so this is actually really regressive.

This was at a time when the split was still raw, they were just coming off the back of the ‘featuring Nicole Scherzinger’ phase and there was obviously a lot of bitterness. Plus, she doesn’t actually say that she wanted to sing, just that she wanted to be heard, so I’m not sure what point you’re making here?

If you’ve been following the reunion, you can clearly see that the dolls are ‘allowed’ to talk - they seem unified and they seem happy.

There’s no contracts keeping them there this time, they’re there because they want to be. If they weren’t happy with the situation, I’m sure they would speak up.

You're assuming those aren't a demo singers background vocals, too, because I'm only hearing one tone.
Kim and Ash are on the first half, Carmit (and maybe Jess) on the second half. And Ashley is all over the middle 8, but when you listen to the original track, it could literally be anyone

Ashley is obviously in a very different place now to back then so this is actually really regressive.

This was at a time when the split was still raw, they were just coming off the back of the ‘featuring Nicole Scherzinger’ phase and there was obviously a lot of bitterness. Plus, she doesn’t actually say that she wanted to sing, just that she wanted to be heard, so I’m not sure what point you’re making here?

If you’ve been following the reunion, you can clearly see that the dolls are ‘allowed’ to talk - they seem unified and they seem happy.

There’s no contracts keeping them there this time, they’re there because they want to be. If they weren’t happy with the situation, I’m sure they would speak up.

The difference between then and now is that Ashley has more clout with the UK GP and as a result has balanced the power dynamics in the group when it comes to interviews. Yes, sometimes Nicole let's the other Dolls stand in the middle in press photos now, but their musical output remains largely unchanged based on React.

Ashley has said many times in the past that the other girls didn't get the chance to sing. She wouldn't have released an entire solo album with multiple promoted singles and additional one-off singles if she didn't ever want to sing.

iTunes?!

giphy.gif

They all seem genuinely happy in the shots of them doing promo, Ashley literally just tweeted about how amazing it is to hear the band's song on the radio again.

How about we stop feeding the narrative of "they definitely all secretly hate her still" and start embracing the fact they've all seemingly reached a point where they're happy within their roles - otherwise they wouldn't have signed a contract in the first place.