The Pussycat Dolls

Re: Pussycat Dolls 3rd Studio Album General Discussion

Mr.Arroz said:
PCD was Nicole, Carmit, Melody, Jessica, Ashley, and Kimberly.

End of discussion.

Nobody really cared, though.

And Robin didn't create or manage the Paradiso Girls.

Mr.Arroz said:
PCD was Nicole, Carmit, Melody, Jessica, Ashley, and Kimberly.

End of discussion.

Did anyone ever hear the chipmunk (or 'dubbed' version, as it was titled) on youtube? This girl sang the song and changed her vocals to sound like a chipmunk...it was possibly the most hilarious thing I've ever seen. It's not on youtube anymore, but during Snoop Dogg's rap she attempts to say the name of all of them and she can barely remember the first 3...so she repeats them after a hesitation.

Oh man I wish I could find that video.

Mr.Arroz said:
They were over in spring of 2009. Sad, but Carmit leaving really did 'em in.

Most people I know didn't really like her, and didn't think she fit in. I doubt her leaving had anything to do with where they are now.

aOblivious said:
Mr.Arroz said:

Most people I know didn't really like her, and didn't think she fit in. I doubt her leaving had anything to do with where they are now.

Carmit? She was horrible!

blaketat said:
aOblivious said:
Mr.Arroz said:

Carmit? She was horrible!

She really was.

Carmit was a fantastic performer. . . .

. . . .in Beyonce's 'Crazy In Love' video! (Bada bing!)

Carmit was amazing! Besides being a founding member of the Pussycat Dolls, she had a decent voice and was one of the best dancers.

Mr.Arroz

Staff member
he/him/his

aOblivious said:
Mr.Arroz said:

All that matters is that they were dead in the water even by the time When I Grow Up came out. It may have peaked at #9 but people were already sick of their 1-2 singers, mostly-backup dancer schtick.

I say, put Carmen Electra in the group. She was in the group before they hit the big time.

V

vasilios

Don't think so.
All 4 singles did very well.
They also did a headline sell out Tour in Europe.

No one cared about Carmit, sad but true.

S

slimane

I remember when they made Jessica Sutta dye her hair red so people wouldn't notice Miss trannycat doll had left...WTF? I don't think people cared.

The tour and the singles did well over here but they collapsed as an albums act with Doll domination...it bombed in the US especially.

V

vasilios

Seeing as most albums bombed that year... - it was the period of people buying singles over albums, no? They could never sell PCD numbers again anyway.

S

slimane

Yeah I get that...but their first album sold nearly 3m in the states and the second what...I don't think even 400k? It was a big drop.

vasilios said:
Don't think so.
All 4 singles did very well.
They also did a headline sell out Tour in Europe.

No one cared about Carmit, sad but true.

I meant Carmen Electra, as in the Baywatch/Playboy actress/singer whatever she is. I think she was the lead before Nicole? Her and Kaya Jones had pretty decent voices.

S

slimane

Carmen Electra's too old. She's even older than Carmit and that's really saying something!

Oh God, Kim Kardashian?!

I suppose with her name attached E! and their audience will eat it up and the show will hopefully work out this time.

Well you know i think the new girl group can work out if its a reality show then...i'm excited about the project though after its done......