The Pussycat Dolls | The Popjustice Forum

The Pussycat Dolls

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Resi12, Jul 21, 2009.

1. Resi12

Resi12 Guest

Looks like Nicole will have to wait a little longer for her solo career as Indian rapper Hard Kaur has let slip to The Times Of India she is doing a song with PCD for there new studio album.

So much for a break after the 2nd record? Maybe Nicole saw it best to released a 3rd album then go solo then doing it the other way round (Which is a much better idea and FAR less confusing).

However I have mixed feelings about this, Glad to see there is a new album and all but I really think these girls need to take a break for a while.
    Release date middle next year at the earliest!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2013
  2. upu

upu

Re: Pussycat Dolls 3rd Studio Album General Discussion

Poor nicole... she'll never go to solo.

3. vasilios

vasilios Guest

Re: Pussycat Dolls 3rd Studio Album General Discussion

It could be a best of track though? Or, say Hush Hush with her part for her album.

4. Re: Pussycat Dolls 3rd Studio Album General Discussion

I really want her to go solo. The other Pussycats I don't care for, and she deserves that break.

5. Re: Pussycat Dolls 3rd Studio Album General Discussion

So the plan is likely; 3rd album followed by greatest hits followed by Nicole fucking off to record her doomed solo album.

6. Re: Pussycat Dolls 3rd Studio Album General Discussion

I would suggest the abandon plans for a third album and and quietly take them all to the glue factory...

7. Re: Pussycat Dolls 3rd Studio Album General Discussion

Didn't Robin Antin confirm the 3rd album on her Twitter a while ago, or was it a fake profile?

Either way, if this is legit, I'm glad. Honestly, I'm not sure they'd get away with another long hiatus, like the time they took off after PCD. I think they lost a bit of momentum during that time and the messy Doll Domination campaign hasn't helped matters.

However, this is kind of bittersweet because I'm positive Nicole will leave after this one, which would most likely mean no more PCD...

8. Re: Pussycat Dolls 3rd Studio Album General Discussion

She DID go solo, it's just that nobody liked her! When you release 5 completely different singles and none of them are hits you know you're unpopular...

9. Re: Pussycat Dolls 3rd Studio Album General Discussion

I don't think Nicole is as desperate as we all think on going solo. When I saw PCD she seemed just happy to be up there on a stage..

I want a 3rd album, then solo albums.
    Looking forward to this after Painted Windows/Top Of The World.

10. Re: Pussycat Dolls 3rd Studio Album General Discussion

11. Re: Pussycat Dolls 3rd Studio Album General Discussion

That article is from The Sun. I'll say no more.
    Kim will be on Loose Women today though, talking about her dance masterclasses I guess. Hopefully she'll say what's going to happen next with the group (if she even knows).

12. Re: Pussycat Dolls 3rd Studio Album General Discussion

Seriously?! I didn't know she'd be on "Loose Women" today - and on her own, as well! Yes! She is my favourite Doll.

13. Re: Pussycat Dolls 3rd Studio Album General Discussion

NOBODY LIKES HER SOLO MUSIC BECAUSE NOBODY KNOWS HOW TO PRONOUNCE/SPELL HER LAST NAME.

I swear if she just went by the name "Nicole", she'd have a much more successful solo career just for that reason.

14. Re: Pussycat Dolls 3rd Studio Album General Discussion

Total rubbish. If you search for "Nicole" in iTunes, pretty much all of her releases pop up in the first few results and the others can be found lower down. Not to mention the fact most people would probably search for the song name / the song name & "Nicole".

Her solo music grossly underperformed because her two lead singles sounded like knock-off PCD material. Add in the fact nobody really anticipated or cared for a solo Nicole Scherzinger album given her position in PCD, it was rightly met with indifference.

By the time they got on to "Puakenikeni" - the only single which really would be a challenge for the majority of people to spell when searching online - the campaign was pretty much dead and buried anyway. (On a side note, why nobody at her label realised naming it that was going to make the single DOA is baffling).

The only song of hers which I'm convinced she could have had a hit with that we've heard was "When I Grow Up", and we all know what happened to that song.

15. Re: Pussycat Dolls 3rd Studio Album General Discussion

"Super Villain" was a fantastic single and wasted opportunity.

16. Re: Pussycat Dolls 3rd Studio Album General Discussion

JoshJB hit the nail on the head. What exactly is the difference between Nicole's solo stuff and Nicole's PCD material? She pretty much sings all of PCD's songs herself, so they're practically solo songs anyway, but they have a better brand name attatched.

Maybe Nicole would actually benefit if PCD started acting like a group; then it would be easier to differentiate her solo music from PCD.

17. Re: Pussycat Dolls 3rd Studio Album General Discussion

YES! I LOVE that song, should've had a bigger push.

18. Re: Pussycat Dolls 3rd Studio Album General Discussion

Hope its true, cant wait.

19. Re: Pussycat Dolls 3rd Studio Album General Discussion

Hopefully, the third album will be a huge improvement on Doll Fillers Domination and shorter too. 12 (good) tracks should be enough.

20. Re: Pussycat Dolls 3rd Studio Album General Discussion

There are atleast 7 amazing songs on doll domination - which for me makes it an amazing album.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.