The Pussycat Dolls | Page 3 | The Popjustice Forum

The Pussycat Dolls

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Resi12, Jul 21, 2009.

1. Re: Pussycat Dolls 3rd Studio Album General Discussion

When I Grow Up

Notice the "I"

2. Resi12

Resi12 Guest

Re: Pussycat Dolls 3rd Studio Album General Discussion

Desperate? Please I am sure the girls are only together contractually.

Melody has spoken out numerous times about how unhappy she is, So has Kim.
    And now Ashley, the only one keeping quiet is Jess but she high fived Melody after she gave her speech to Phoenix like 2 months back about never letting anyone(Nicole) push you around!

The funny thing is the only one who seems perfectly happy is Nicole, because she is PCD.
    She is the one on all the tracks, she is the one in the front and centre of almost, if not all the photo's they have ever done. She is the only one happy to continue the way things are because she is getting everything she wants from a solo career in PCD..

Also I find it funny the 3 people who seem to have had the biggest problem were/are the one's put in the group to do vocals (Kara, Carmit and Melody).

3. Re: Pussycat Dolls 3rd Studio Album General Discussion

So you admit that Nicole is PCD?

4. Re: Pussycat Dolls 3rd Studio Album General Discussion

rosesnviolets, this discussion was done to death in the "Doll Domination" thread, but for those who missed it...

Here is a great example of the Dolls performing well as a GROUP. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1d8P0DbID8g

Sadly, Kaya and Carmit are no longer in the Pussycat Dolls (Carmit left after the first album), but it just goes to show there was a time when Nicole wasn't the only one in the spotlight and it worked rather well! Things obviously shifted before they launched, but all of the Dolls are capable of singing and dancing to some extent. None of them are awful enough to not be allowed to even do backing vocals.

Millions of dollars was pissed away on the shelved Nicole album. She worked with all the same people who produced the hits for PCD, yet she couldn't manage to have a single smash hit by herself. Her singles were very well promoted - you just need to look on YouTube to see that she did a string of performances and interviews in both the US and UK, including performances at Fashion Rocks, the MTV European Music Awards and the American Music Awards to name but a few! In fact, her AMA performance was pretty dire: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ge6JoJ8Yyc

There has been an ever widening gap between Nicole and the other Dolls since their first single. Nicole always talks about how they are like a 'sisterhood' and how they look out for each other - she obviously has some sway with the management and label as she's the only one to ever get any co-writing credits and vocals, so it just comes across as bitchy and fake.

Ironically, I actually think the other Dolls getting more vocals in the group would actually help Nicole's solo career. At least then you'd be able to tell the difference between a group song and a solo Nicole song.

5. Resi12

Resi12 Guest

As in brand. You would be stupid not to think it, I am not saying I agree with it though.

But even though she is a valuable member it doesn't give her any special rights like having her name specially featured on singles. Every group has a lead that is obvious but Nicole let this go to her head, She needs to come down back to earth.

She is in a group not solo, If she wants to be solo that bad to the point of her name seperated and to sing 98% of the songs' she knows where the door is. I'd much rather her do that then put up with this fake group.

6. Re: Pussycat Dolls 3rd Studio Album General Discussion

JoshJB: Nicole is not a bitch and she is not fake.

7. Resi12

Resi12 Guest

She tried to get her name featured specially on not one, but TWO singles!
    That screams bitch.

She calls the girls her sisters' as JoshJB said, Like a sisterhood, yet the other girls obviously cannot stand her. That screams fake.

8. RUNAWAY

RUNAWAY Staff Member

Yes she is.

9. Re: Pussycat Dolls 3rd Studio Album General Discussion

I find it DISGUSTING that there are so many Nicole haters on Popjustice.

What did she ever do to you?

10. Re: Pussycat Dolls 3rd Studio Album General Discussion

Proof?

11. Re: Pussycat Dolls 3rd Studio Album General Discussion

I don't know if she's a bitch or not, but she's definitely a very false person. Judging by interviews etc.

Nicole's solo album never took off because no one likes her. Everyone knows she hogs the limelight and this whole "featuring" nonsense has done her no favours. People like the group as a group. Nicole is a main part of it, yes, but she is far from the reason people like PCD. If anything people like PCD in spite of her.

I don't say this as a Nicole hater, in fact I think she's an extremely talented vocalist (except live), has a lot of talent and is stunningly beautiful. I really liked a few of her leaked songs, but everything about the tracks was like DD, incoherent and just completely random A&R. Just Say Yes sounded proper amazing, except for some of her vocal arcs on the chorus.... If her album never sees the light of day someone must record it.

12. Aamyko

Aamyko Guest

I'm sorry but if Nicole is a fake for that then the other "dolls" are just as fake as well for staying around.

13. Resi12

Resi12 Guest

Nothing to me, But she used and tore apart a group I thought were pretty good all for her own fame. Not single handed, Obviously the management *coughRobinAntincough* played a part too. But it is the fact I really don't think she did anything to stop the divide.

Because to her she has a solo album guaranteed afterwards so she has less to lose.
    I wish I am wrong though and I would completely take everything back but until then I will go on my own instinct.

14. Re: Pussycat Dolls 3rd Studio Album General Discussion

Believe what you want to believe, none of us have any real idea what she's really like unless you're a close friend of Nicole which I, somehow, doubt. You've got no proof either, but people will make their own judgements.

I chose my choice of words very carefully - I said she "comes across" that way. People just find it bizarre that the other Dolls have spoken out about how unhappy they are with their place in the group and the prominence of Nicole, yet the woman herself can do nothing but pretend they all love and support each other.

I'd absolutely love Nicole to come out in an interview and say that she concedes that it is time to share out the lead vocals and that it's about time they all were allowed to get more creatively involved with the group as she has been allowed to be. It would generate a lot of positive publicity for Nicole and the Dolls as a whole. Would it ever happen? Sadly not.

15. Re: Pussycat Dolls 3rd Studio Album General Discussion

Does Power's Out verses spook anyone else out? Think it's a very interesting song actually...

16. Re: Pussycat Dolls 3rd Studio Album General Discussion

Nicole didn't use anyone. The other girls are adults too and if they aren't comfortable with Nicole singing all the time then they should have acted like the adults they are and quit the group.

Do you really think it was Nicole's decision to sing on every song and get all the attention? No it wasn't. And so what if she didn't do anything about it - would you, if you were in the same position?

17. Re: Pussycat Dolls 3rd Studio Album General Discussion

Well she comes across as really sweet, funny and genuine to me. So you must be imagining this bitchiness and fakeness that I'm not seeing.

18. sam24033

sam24033 Guest

No, she's nothing without pussycat dolls.

19. Re: Pussycat Dolls 3rd Studio Album General Discussion

What a waste of time commenting, if that's all you're gonna say.

20. Resi12

Resi12 Guest

Well see people can use that as an excuse but then you have to remember some of her solo songs were on DD ad that she in fact wrote some songs for the album.
    Which means she could have given the girls a line or two here, it's hardly asking for much seeing as it is a group!

And your argument is stupid, If they don't like the way Nicole gets special treatment they should quit?!

What kind of screwed up logic is that? They worked just as hard to get into that group and for people like Carmit who was in the group for years before that it must have really hurt that she was just tossed to the side to make way for Nicole.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.