The Pussycat Dolls | Page 348 | The Popjustice Forum

The Pussycat Dolls

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Resi12, Jul 21, 2009.

1. I can hear quite a bit of Jess in the isolated vocals though... but yeah, it mostly sounds alot of Ashley.

Hopefully someone can beef up the other girls vocals when the songs out so we can hear them more prominently!

Last edited: Feb 6, 2020
    Sugaboy likes this.
  2. Tried this but couldn’t quite get it right - stole the ad-libs from Buttons and Whatcha Think About That which I think would work quite well, but I can’t get the pitch and effects right. Someone take the torch!

Sugaboy and Chris Lala like this.
  3. Have y'all heard the full final or are you just talking about the clips?

4. The final version is out where it’s the 7th.

AndrewKuttler likes this.
  5. So it’s February 2020 and I’ve just bought a new song from The Pussycat Dolls on iTunes. It’s all so special and I feel like I’m 15 again.

myblood, Lander, Sugaboy and 13 others like this.
  6. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

[​IMG]

It's still so crazy to me that my two favorite bands are back together, especially with their respective redheads too

myblood, basil, nooniebao and 32 others like this.
  7. You've done Ashley dirty with that crop job though!

myblood, basil, nikkysan and 5 others like this.
  8. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

It was the auto-set!

basil, nikkysan, Steve003 and 3 others like this.
  9. It's finally here, girls!

I'm honestly more happy and excited for @Mr.Arroz than anything!

myblood, basil, nooniebao and 33 others like this.
  10. Screaming at Sugababes in the back serving saltiness.

myblood, basil, nikkysan and 6 others like this.
  11. It’s finally out in the UK, just playing it on Spotify now!

12. I like it and I can't wait for the video but the lyrics are so iffy.

13. React is #14 on New Music Friday UK. Was hoping it would be a bit higher than that, especially when you see some of the names who are above them but I think the video will really drive attention towards the song.

Sugaboy, Ensnare and Sunny B like this.
  14. I really like it but during the chorus, I keep going DON’T CHA

basil, HolyWater, Eskapism and 3 others like this.
  15. This is good but is there a glitch at 2:16? Was it intentional for the audio to completely cut out then come back? I genuinely thought my headphone cut off first listen, very jarring.

anyway looking forward to seeing the video tomorrow!

Sunny B likes this.
  16. Still not on mine, grr...

Edit: Got it.

Sunny B likes this.
  17. It was on my release Rador...

18. Ok its still amazing, I won't lie I'm disappointed the other girls have no vocals on it apart from maybe background. Nicole's voice is just incredible on the song though I can't really imagine anyone else singing it, although I imagine Carmit would sound great on it. The girls must be happy with how it is though considering they all signed a contract and I'm guessing the spoke about vocals in the meeting.

Nicole literally put on the PCD story that they are going on tour and that all the girls will get to shine so it does feel a bit strange that the other girls aren't really on this song at all. Like they've been hinting a lot they're going to be singing.

I'm sure the video will be fire anyway so its all good.

If You Go likes this.
  19. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

It could be that this a modern reintroduction to the classic PCD formula, and the songs on the record/EP will feature the other girls...and that's a big "what if". And to be honest, Nicole has always had this role in the group simply because she's the most vocally talented and classically trained. I'm sure the girls don't necessarily need/want to sing lead, but to simply have some vocal contributions considering they're dancing their asses off to make the group the actual unit it is. Despite not singing they've stuck to the burlesque model for the most part with one central vocalist; they just want to be recognized as part of that model and not just people hired to help Nicole. Because that's not how/why they all joined the group in the first place. We saw how her solo career went. She needs the group as much as it needs her.

myblood, basil, nooniebao and 24 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.