The Pussycat Dolls | Page 364 | The Popjustice Forum

The Pussycat Dolls

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Resi12, Jul 21, 2009.

1. I’m going to have a look for tickets to the tour I feel like I have to see React live and obviously the back catalogue.

2. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

Me watching in HD

[​IMG]

myblood, GimmeWork, basil and 23 others like this.
  3. [​IMG]

basil, Verandi, P'NutButter and 7 others like this.
  4. I’m literally loving everything about this.

BUT I will say. someone made a isolated version of the track on SoundCloud and you can hear the other girls singing background. I just hate their vocals are turned down so low because Ashley’s voice sounds really good on the track , and possibly would’ve brought a totally different feel if they were visible enough.

5. I’ve watched the video numerous times and I’m just in awe for a number of reasons:

1. They’re all in their late 30’s to mid 40’s and still look and dance exactly the same. Obviously they’re not old at all, but when you compare them to many other groups who come back 10 years on, they’re always going on about how they’re ‘older’ now and refrain from performing how they did back in the day

2. Again, Kimberly giving birth just a few months ago

3. Ashley literally flew to LA late in the week, had a day rehearsal, shot the video, then was back at Heart on the Monday morning. Amazing!

collxtion, basil, Maria and 4 others like this.
  6. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

Yes sis, we been discussing them in this very thread. So much debate has come from them damn isolated vox.

basil, poshlopez, Sugaboy and 2 others like this.
  7. I mean their strategy!

8. Are the vocals in that final bridge before the drop from Ashley? That would have sounded stunning on the final if the vocal distribution had been adjusted.

I LOVE the studio we got, but do feel it could have used some vocals from the other girls to give it more of an oomph. It is a bit one note.

All that being said, the video is stunning.

sesita and Sugaboy like this.
  9. The shots of Nicole in that nude crop hoodie(?) are EVERYTHING. She looks absolutely incredible and the lighting is correct.

Bradley & Pablo + PCD is truly a perfect visual match on the same level as Madonna + Klein or Xtina + Ellen von Unwerth. I hope they work together more.

Sugaboy and Chris Lala like this.
  10. The video kind of has a lot of nothing going on but they all look flawless and they served choreo so who am I to complain?

It's definitely a fantastic reintroduction video. The final scene, fuck.

11. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

That's her! You can hear her tone here:

12. After listening to the song on headphones, I have decided it's a total jam. And the others seem to be singing the backgrounds now, which is all anyone wanted really. There was no reason Nicole had to be the only one singing absolutely everything.

The video is amazing. I must've watched it three times today.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2020
    topopMAC1 likes this.
  13. Someone threw the isolated backing vocals over the track, and it sounds like shit quality wise, but decent as a concept – they all sound great. It’s a nice effort. I’m sure someone will make a proper version if stems ever surface

myblood, basil, DMDR and 13 others like this.
  14. That concept is how I hoped it would be. Not because I care who is singing what, I just think it really adds a lot to the song. I really wished they would of pushed those vocals forward like that.

Edit: Oops I meant I don’t care who is singing what.

poshlopez likes this.
  15. Wonderful post. How is asking for the others to be featured more an attack on Nicole's talent???

poshlopez and Sugaboy like this.
  16. With the exception of J Sutta’s 4 1/2 stans, no one was talking about these girls beyond Nicole before this reunion. In WHATEVER capacity they are contributing, they are getting infinitely more press, exposure, kudos, clout, future opportunities, and money from this reunion than they were from any solo ventures they were pursuing. This is good for all involved. Let’s let them live a little bit and see where this goes. A simple comment of “love the song, wish the others had some solo lines” is one thing, but pages and pages of conjecture and assumptions on a situation we know nothing about is equal parts tiring and boring. Let’s celebrate this incredible song and video by 5 women who are absolutely killing the game and at the tip top of their talent and motivation right now.

Nigel and Jordtayylor like this.
  17. Sis... it’s literally the exact same song they performed on X Factor.

[​IMG]

basil, Sam, joe_alouder and 9 others like this.
  18. 1.8m views!

Perched for the streaming figures.

19. I’m probably the odd few that is very disappointed that the vocals won’t shared, and it’s just Nicole being the starfish again. Oh well....I love the video but.

20. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

It's like people only click the last page, don't read pages of updates, and post their opinions in small font...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.