The Pussycat Dolls | Page 458 | The Popjustice Forum

The Pussycat Dolls

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Resi12, Jul 21, 2009.

1. I am not paying the same cost to see the other Dolls without Nicole. A small theater tour where the most expensive ticket is like $150? Sure, But only Nicole would have made me shell out the big bucks.

JasonJay likes this.
  2. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

It really wasn't. She probably had the most ad-lib's, but the only one that got less on lead vocals was Ivette, and Maile at times. Nicole, Rosanna, and Ana Maria did the vocal groundwork and all the girls were as equally present during the show and during the group. It was nowhere near a PCD situation.

3. Anyone here book the Dublin show and get a refund? If so, how? I’ve tried the form on Ticketmaster Ireland website but when I hit submit it just refreshes the page as if the form hasn’t worked.

LPT and PCDPG like this.
  4. The world is clamoring for Ciara to replace Nicole and would want to see a Goodies/Beep medley, allegedly.

5. 2014

2014 Staff Member

I love Ciara but these fan-fictions really need to stop.

6. kal

kal

We don’t even know if the world was really clamoring for PCD with Nicole, let alone without her, or with someone replacing her.

I get the intent, but it’s just not realistic dot gif.

Yuri likes this.
  7. Did you try it on a different device? I had to do the Ticketmaster form for a different event recently and it seemed to work better on my laptop.

8. RMK

RMK

It's not happening. The whole dynamic doesn't work without both sides patted out. Nicole removed the girls and PCD name, and her solo career struggled internationally despite releasing some great material. The girls... without a lead singer.. would be singing songs they aren't apart of, and that doesn't sell tickets. Both acts go from filling arenas to struggling for theater seats or concrete hits. PCD built legacy and really plays off nostalgia with the reunion, it has to be somewhat similar to the original lineup.

If we're bringing in a new lead, then other new members should follow as well. There would just be no point from a branding perspective to mix the two different sets of people.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2021
    elusive_chartreuse likes this.
  9. It baffles me that they (and by 'they' I mean Nicole) can't see this.

johnoclock likes this.
  10. I meant that Nicole never got along with other female members of a group. Not with the rest of members of Eden's Crush, not with the rest of members of the Pussycat Dolls.

11. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

And I’m replying again, that your assessment is categorically incorrect. Nicole has her personal grievances, but to brand it as "she has a problem getting along with people" is such a "Nicole vs her backup dancers" stance and lacks nuance. Nothing about either situation is black or white, and to boil it down to a very simplistic understanding for both does a disservice to you rather than them.

Chris Lala, Yuri, 2014 and 8 others like this.
  12. This Nicole hate boner people have is so tiring.

Yuri, freeheadmess, HolyWater and 4 others like this.
  13. It’s Ashley’s 40th birthday today and both Robin and Nicole have left big heartfelt comments on her Instagram post. I can’t help but wonder where Ashley, Kimberly and Jessica sit amongst this whole reunion/legal mess. I think Carmit is definitely #TeamRobin

14. 2014

2014 Staff Member

I do feel really gutted for her.

Vixen, sesita and Sugaboy like this.
  15. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

I mean, I might be and AM biased, but PCD really are one of the hardest working dance-centric girl groups. GRL was literally the only modern Western girl group that made dance as important as the hits after them. I can imagine what it's like to be at home lamenting being at one of the year's biggest media stages bc of a fucking administrative dispute out of your hands.

16. Nicole did too? I only see one from Robin now.

17. Danity Kane?!

rubirubi likes this.
  18. Danity Kane was the best girlband ever.

Hahaha. Their two albums are masterpieces.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.