The Pussycat Dolls | Page 473 | The Popjustice Forum

The Pussycat Dolls

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Resi12, Jul 21, 2009.

1. kal

kal

What a strange world we live in. Nicole without the dolls is a flop, and the dolls without Nicole are also a flop.

If they want to be successful, and make coin, they have to play a part in a (clearly) toxic relationship, whose toxicity is barely contained behind a facade of camaraderie, and the ship has to be run by an egomaniac like Robin.

As someone who likes the girls, if I were in their place, I wouldn't go through with it. Melody was right to decline.

2. I’m not sure I agree with this. I did feel there was camaraderie between the girls. The issues was between Nicole and Robin.

3. kal

kal

I could be completely wrong, of course. Just my 2 pence.

4. I know it's only Instagram but these three are still happily interacting via likes and comments. If it was just to avoid speculation, Carmit and Jessica would be doing the same so I guess this does point to Nicole, Kimberly and Ashley being on good terms still.

HolyWater and Jesus Jugs like this.
  5. Just got my cancellation and refund email off ticketmaster.

@Lost In Japan.

Lost In Japan. likes this.
  6. I think there are some genuine friendships in the mix (Kim and Ashley/Carmit and Jess being the most obvious), but definite divisions too. Frankly I'd be surprised if the four stated have any time at all for either Robyn or Nicole, considering what a shit show they've made of the whole thing.

Rei Ayanami likes this.
  7. What a complete wasted opportunity.

Can't believe that we lost out on an amazing comeback tour because of the usual PCD behind the scenes mess. When will Robyn / Nicole / whoever is responsible/ get it.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2022
    Rei Ayanami likes this.
  8. Well, regardless of who's *more* in the wrong, I still found it strange how in spite of them knowing the criticism, the other girls still didn't get more lines to sing.

9. I'm actually ok with not having this tour. It's not exactly the best time to have it and pushing it back multiple times was always going to piss people off. They do need to confirm PCD still exists, though.

Digital_Fossil likes this.
  10. I always thought the entire project was just to tour & get a quick cheque, so I’m not expecting anything else to happen until they sort out a tour but that’s clearly a few years away. Such a shame it’s all fell apart.

11. I was hoping the others would get more lines in follow up songs, but that clearly won't happen now. At least they actually sang backgrounds in React, I guess.

12. MESS. How is it even possible that they were not properly notified... If Robin knew this was not coming straight from Nicole and still made the statement that she did....

Digital_Fossil and DoggySwami like this.
  13. RMK

RMK

Both parties at hand probably have a lot of pride, intentions for a successful reunion, and both share the blame. It's really unfortunate, but React was one hell of a single.

Rei Ayanami likes this.
  14. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

It's literally a communication issue, and it being made into an "our camp vs their camp" is the same type of shit that gays love to lap up about girl groups. If they're meant to resolve things, they will. But for now there is an entire pandemic preventing so. Without that as a factor, they were on their way to making things function.

Vixen, sesita, Rei Ayanami and 7 others like this.
  15. I‘ve just discovered The Voice Australia finalists G-Nation and I’m absolutely ready for them to take over PCD’s spot. They are bloody amazing!!!

Last edited: Jan 11, 2022
    Volumi and Deleted member 24986 like this.
  16. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Talent shows need to stop - it’s 2022.

Island, sesita, Rei Ayanami and 16 others like this.
  17. Not wait just a damn minute....looking them up now and.....omg I'm obsessed? Not trying to go off topic but...

Amazing

18. I know!!! Honestly, so good.

19. I'm G-Nation stan.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.