The Pussycat Dolls | Page 486 | The Popjustice Forum

The Pussycat Dolls

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Resi12, Jul 21, 2009.

1. Played and Space are the only solo tracks I go back to.

Mr.Arroz likes this.
  2. But they really came through with the visuals and how they consistently maintain the group image as a whole though. One thing to appreciate about the era was its abundance of visually pleasing music videos.

Who's Gonna Love You not getting that exotic music video filled with beauty shots of the girls on a deserted island remains a crime by the way.

POPGASM likes this.
  3. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

I don't truly agree. Losing Carmit really lost their half-singer/half-dancer dynamic and pushed the focus on Nicole even harder, which I guess was their attempt to hopefully set up Nicole again as a solo artist. I'm glad that the years that followed really showed how much people do enjoy Nicole, just not as a soloist. Their bread-and-butter has always been them as a unit, rather than simply 1 + 5. Yes, no one can likely name anymore besides Nicole and Melody, but even aside from that, the GP loves the group for what it sold visually and sonically.

It's a quick buck and they need to sort this lawsuit OUT.

4. The way we're missing out on what should be a bullet-proof tour...the stacked setlist, the choreo, the outfits, the charisma.

Fuck a global pandemic and legal issues!

5. 2014

2014 Staff Member

A new Pussycat Dolls era really does feel like one of the biggest pop Covid casualties teebs.

6. Seeing all 2019 tours resume and theirs... rotting. A tragedy.

7. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

Ana Maria from Eden's Crush getting into PCD first with her sister and then introducing Nicole...

Then her saying it's "a story she doesn't wanna get into"... holy hell. Nicole talking about being the original Fergie now has faults in its foundation. LORD.

PCDPG, JasonJay, eyeline and 3 others like this.
  8. Does anyone ever play 'React' and get frustrated with how much more these girls had to give (a f###ing amazing song).

Sugaboy, RMK, Damita Jo and 4 others like this.
  9. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

I only get frustrated that they could have been better. "React" was a huge step in the right direction.

Like the pandemic truly fucked them over

10. Robin and Nicole are the issue and not the pandemic. I hope they both get their sh1t together because the fans are still hungry after 'react'. And I was so excited to hear the other girls sing too.

11. I agree can't fully blame the pandemic on this falling apart, it's different disease that has always done this group in... EGO

YourLeadSinger likes this.
  12. If there was no pandemic the tour would've 100% taken place though.

nooniebao, sesita, Mr.Arroz and 6 others like this.
  13. The tour could've easily resumed post pandemic I'm sorry but I'm not buying the whole pandemic ruined everything cause clearly business wasn't together from the start for things to fall through so swiftly but that's just my opinion of course

YourLeadSinger likes this.
  14. I think it would have gone ahead without the pandemic, they signed up and agreed the terms. The pandemic gave everyone time to reflect on it and it was obviously felt the terms weren’t right.

I have no doubt it would have fallen apart no matter what but the original tour would have been completed and I imagine it would have been a disagreement about new material or US/Australian/European legs…

15. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Yeah it's not like the pandemic was the only problem but it gave them more time for things to escalate.
    Just like Little Mix might have completed their Confetti Tour as a 4piece if things had been differently. Doesn't mean everything was fine, just that things would have fallen apart after the tour already happened

16. Yeah but the tour going ahead may have meant a better communication you never know.
    And we'd have won.

He and Mvnl like this.
  17. I always thought this would have just been a cute one single, tour then bounce out again with a decent cheque type of situation. The delays could have led to more songs being recorded etc but overall I don't think it was ever the plan to keep going full time post ~Summer 2020.

18. Same, I honestly didn’t expect a new album’s worth of material. An EP or even just a quick Greatest Hits feat. the already established singles and “React” and maybe one or two more songs when they do a US leg.

POPGASM and RMK like this.
  19. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

The pandemic clearly fucked up communication. They literally debuted a Nicole-only demo of "React" months before adding faint backing vocals from the other girls. It was always a project in development, and it was clear none of their shit was thought out beyond the easy cash-in ideas from their prior incarnations.

The idea was in formation but a clear mess that they sculpted as they went along. Once the pandemic came, they had no reason to continue on because their plans were hanging by a string in the first place.

He likes this.
  20. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

After the Sugababes shows, it's interesting to realize how much they have access to record their own backing vocals

Holly Something and zephyr like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.