The Pussycat Dolls | Page 488 | The Popjustice Forum

The Pussycat Dolls

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Resi12, Jul 21, 2009.

1. I get it's more complicated than that, but being part of a group and having an arrangement where you get almost triple the profits anyone else involved does, and thinking that isn't enough and you should be getting an even bigger cut (and consequently, the others a smaller cut I imagine?) is certainly something.

nooniebao, Verandi, sesita and 5 others like this.
  2. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

I'm not sure it's that much more complicated. And it's probably more about ego than money.
    The other girls deserve the world for their patience really

RMK, neinzedd, Nephilim and 2 others like this.
  3. What was the reason for Carmit only getting 5%?

4. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

I'm assuming her not being around for the Doll Domination era (which would be a bit silly really)

RMK and Sugaboy like this.
  5. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Robin getting more than Carmit is just rude.

fancygreen, nooniebao, Rob and 17 others like this.
  6. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

It feels a bit ‘that’s what you get for leaving the band!’ (Insert Beep ‘ha ha ha’s)
    Don’t even wanna know what percentage Melody would get if she would ever decide to return

Maria likes this.
  7. Kimberly’s commitment to this reunion is amazing. I hope she and the other girls eventually get to live it with or without Nicole.

sesita, Maria and Mvnl like this.
  8. In addition to these tour income percentages. Nicole has a 49% share in PCD Worldwide (and Robin 51%). The company set up for income from the reunion and other activities. Nicole wanted this to be increased to 75%. The other dolls don’t even have a share in that.

neinzedd and Mvnl like this.
  9. Is Nicole really earning enough in her non-PCD career that she feels making these demands is justified? Or is she literally just evil?

TRAVVV likes this.
  10. All I know is that she's on The Masked Singer which has to be a lot of income for doing nothing but doesn't she have the urge to perform even if it is as part of The Pussycat Dolls? Is she really that cynical that it's all about the bottom line? I mean, demanding 75% of income from the PCD name is egregious when it was Robin who founded the group and the brand. What kind of deluded sense of self importance. I hope they find a replacement and go on tour without her.

topopMAC1 and Maria like this.
  11. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

I'd love to be proven wrong but fear that when it comes down to The Dolls she's pretty much as important as she feels she is

TRAVVV, RMK, Vixen and 6 others like this.
  12. It looks like she outpriced herself deliberately to get out of it which I don’t understand.

13. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

This would have been Carmit's first work with PCD in 12 years (at time of tour). She left the group before the entire heft of promotion 2008-2010, so I think it's a bit fair she didn't receive as much as the other three women, but 5% was still too low.

I can understand 12.5% to Robin, as it will always be her brand, but I'd like to know her role in the creative process of the tour to further justify it.

TRAVVV, fancygreen, nooniebao and 5 others like this.
  14. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

I assume she didn't get paid from 2008-2010 for.. not being part of the band from 2008-10.
    I really find this 'deciding a member's worth based on their part in the past' odd. Like: that happened, are you all in this together right now? (well obviously not). The others already got 'rewarded' for sticking with the band by making a living of it at the time and keeping their profiles up while doing so.
    It would be like Siobhan earning half of Mutya and Keisha for every new gig they do which does feel a bit off.

Sugaboy and Eskapism like this.
  15. Very weird to see Carmit getting 5%. She would literally be doing the exact same job as the other 3. Nicole of course would get more because she’s singing 90% of the vocals.

Mvnl likes this.
  16. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

The percentages make it clear that it's not about their role in the tour, but rather, the approach was "contribution to the PCD recording brand". That's why they lowballed Carmit.

Still a fucking joke but I'm glad it's public because though I love Nicole, it really shows how much this is business and always has been. I know Melody is over there minding her merry own business rn.

17. Replace Nicole with Jade Ewen? Another power house vocalist?

18. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

These weird group crossover suggestions are just that...weird.

TRAVVV, fancygreen, He and 15 others like this.
  19. Its not unusual and has happened Nicole literally is a example of that

20. Nicole has always sabotaged herself with most of her PCD decisions but I am still very surprised that she just so casually threw away her only opportunity at performing in arenas around the world again. They should just replace her with Melody, the tour wouldnt be as massive but it could work as seen here:

Musiquelover64 and HolyWater like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.