The Queen of Sprock: Anastacia Singles Rate: WINNER.

he / him
And I wonder if you know how it really feels to be left outside alone?

That's right, it's finally time to kick off the definitive Anastacia singles rate where you, my dearest Popjustice friends, will help me judge what could possibly be one of the greatest voices of our generation. The rules are simple; I'll provide her glorious singles discography, you listen to them and rate them out of ten (to a half point) and then send them to me. The data will be collected, regurgitated back upon all of you and Anastacia will finally be recognised as possibly the greatest Pop/Rock album of all time. Easy!

Wait, you have something to say about her voice? She can't what? She sounds like what? Wait there a minute...

2dmcrgg.jpg

Anastacia // Not That Kind // 2000
Crashing on to the scene with a debut positively exploding with soul and personality, first up we have the singles from her debut album Not That Kind. Featuring the complete classic 'I'm Outta Love' and the forgotten gem 'Cowboys & Kisses'. Was Anastacia made for loving you? What kind of woman is she? Will she be outta love by time we get down to the top ten?

I'm Outta Love
Not That Kind
Cowboys & Kisses
Made for Loving You

2rww786.jpg

Anastacia // Freak of Nature // 2001
Of course the sophomore slump wouldn't hit our Anastacia on her way to stardom. Along came the feisty 'Paid my Dues' and classic 'One Day In Your Life' to cement her growing place in the European music industry (America, what the fuck?). Sonically we see a lot of sister tracks to her first album, but which ones deserve the top placing more? And will her oft-forgotten sport anthem be lost on the Popjustice gays?

Paid My Dues
One Day In Your Life
Why'd You Lie to Me
You'll Never Be Alone
Boom!

oa1a1e.jpg

Anastacia // Anastacia // 2004
And here we have what is easily one of the greatest female Rock/Pop albums of all time. Created at a time of desperation for Anastacia, it was greeted with her greatest success so far. There needs no introduction to this singles run. Will 'Left Outside Alone' trample everything in its way or will 'Welcome to my Truth' (her best single) fare better as an underdog? Why the fuck wasn't 'Rearview' a single? Hmmm.

Left Outside Alone
Sick and Tired
Welcome to my Truth
Heavy on my Heart

30t6iw5.jpg

Anastacia // Pieces of a Dream // 2005
The notable stench of LABEL DRAMA couldn't put me off the dark and interesting title track, but does it you? Will the dulcet foreign tones of Eros aid in bringing the gorgeous little ballad up the ranks? And this is ignoring the long lost Evanescence track that Ben Moody pawned forward - 'Everything Burns'. Maybe you should get that checked out Ben.

Pieces of a Dream
I Belong to You (with Eros Ramazzotti)
Everything Burns

n2l9uf.jpg

Anastacia // Heavy Rotation // 2008
If the last one stunk of label drama, then this was Anastacia's very own first LABEL INTERVENTION ALBUM. Congrats, Anast! They attempted to sex her up for the masses, providing her with smutty jam penned by Ne-Yo 'I Can Feel You' as the lead single and left the other two FANTASTIC singles to dangle in the residing chaos and stench. But is that fair on the song? Can the Popjustice gays put aside drama and enjoy the jam for what it is? Only time will tell. We all know 'Absolutely Positively' will undeservedly fall at the early hurdle, but will her attempts at dark Rihanna jam make it far?

I Can Feel You
Absolutely Positively
Defeated

1jtgn9.jpg

Anastacia // It's a Man's World // 2012
A late attempt of damage control, Anastacia came back with a short and sweet release of ROCK covers (Sorry Popjustice, these were official releases) which actually aren't that bad. However, these were the best two for single releases??????? You be the judge, PJ. ('You Give Love a Bad Name' is amazing guys, as is 'Black Hole Sun')

Dream On
Best of You

2u7qe4z.png

Anastacia // Resurrection // 2014
FINALLY, THE RETURN TO FORM. THE RESURRECTION. THE REBIRTH. Look at these releases. Why wasn't 'Stupid Little Things' a colossal hit? I really don't know, however it instantly became a fan favourite, so could it be a runner for the crown? What about the heartbreaking 'Lifeline'? One thing's for certain, this was the album and singles run that Anastacia fans have been waiting for since her self titled. DO NOT LET ME DOWN AND LET THESE SINK, POPJUSTICE.

Stupid Little Things
Staring at the Sun
Lifeline

Others/Features

Love is a Crime
If I Was Your Boyfriend
What Can We Do (Deeper Love)
Stalemate
Burning Star

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So in short, this is the list of songs to rate:
(Feel free to copy this, apply your scores and then send.)

01. I'm Outta Love
02. Not That Kind
03. Cowboys & Kisses
04. Made for Loving You
05. Paid My Dues
06. One Day In Your Life
07. Why'd You Lie to Me
08. You'll Never Be Alone
09. Love is a Crime
10. Boom!
11. Left Outside Alone
12. Sick and Tired
13. Welcome to my Truth
14. Heavy On My Heart
15. Pieces of a Dream
16. I Belong to You (with Emos Ramazzotti)
17. Everything Burns ft. Ben Moody
18. I Can Feel You
19. Absolutely Positively
20. Defeated
21. Dream On
22. Best of You
23. Stupid Little Things
24. Staring at the Sun
25. Lifeline
26. What Can We Do (Deeper Love)
27. If I Was Your Boyfriend
28. Stalemate
29. Burning Star

The features I've included prominently feature Anastacia, if there's any you think I've missed then be sure to let me know.
HERE IS A SPOTIFY PLAYLIST FOR YOUR PLEASURE, though it's missing a few of the features so do make sure you listen to them with the links provided.

THE VOTING DEADLINE IS THE 2ND MARCH.
As always this is flexible according to interest and the like, but for now I'm setting it for two weeks today.

NOW GET TALKING AND VOTING. Appreciate one of the greatest voices ever born!

Last edited:
Re: The Queen of Sprock: Anastacia Singles Rate (Voting Open)

Goodness, she has more singles than I thought.

I'm Outta Love needs to run away with this. Left Outside Alone obviously will though.

he / him

I think she has a handful of heavy hitters that could all take the crown.

A&E

they&she

Here for "Sick and Tired" in the top 3.

Staff member

One Day In Your Life >>>>>>

I don't know at least half of these so it'll be interesting to explore these new ones

I used to love 'Cowboys & Kisses'

First the Katy Perry rate and now Anastacia? Jordananan, are you purposefully trying to ruin me?

I cannot wait to start this!

he / him

First the Katy Perry rate and now Anastacia? Jordananan, are you purposefully trying to ruin me?

I cannot wait to start this!

Im so glad quite a few people are interested!

is it fair to say 'Pieces of a Dream' may be her most underrated single? God, what a deep and dark song.

I hope I have time to do this. I agree about "Welcome to my Truth" being her best single but I fear that might be an unpopular opinion, so I need to support it.

I hope I have time to do this. I agree about "Welcome to my Truth" being her best single but I fear that might be an unpopular opinion, so I need to support it.

Sing the Truth!!! By far her best! It's beautiful, uplifting, sincere and with a tone of sadness. No guesses for which song I'm championing in this.

I will definitely try to participate. Only a few that I have never heard.

Naturally, I'll definitely be doing this.

I'm not sure I'd say Welcome To My Truth is her absolute best, but it's certainly in the top 3.

D

Deleted member 3416

Oh there's so many songs I love (and a few I really disliked... hadn't heard a few of those before!). Just gonna send my votes in now.