The Rate & Graphics Help Desk

I do not know much about them to do writeups justice for backstories and such but I can if you need them too. I know their music well.

Thanks! If something were to happen to me you would just need to post the results really. I have a streamlined reveal strategy for the rate & have already started on some of the bigger write-ups... so I feel as if I'm in good shape in that regard.

I do have a quick question.

I have started my initial 'tag list' for my upcoming rate. I know you can tag a lot of people in one post at a time now (rather than the old 5 limit before anything past that would fall off).

Has anyone had any issues with the new unlimited or run into any edge cases? Likewise, for rate purposes, do you think some smaller batches of tags would be a better approach?

Thanks in advance!

He/Him
I do have a quick question.

I have started my initial 'tag list' for my upcoming rate. I know you can tag a lot of people in one post at a time now (rather than the old 5 limit before anything past that would fall off).

Has anyone had any issues with the new unlimited or run into any edge cases? Likewise, for rate purposes, do you think some smaller batches of tags would be a better approach?

Thanks in advance!
I was under the impression only moderators could tag more than 5 people in one post and it working past the first five. Can you please confirm when you get a chance @londonrain ?

That's correct. For everyone who isn't a moderator, nothing has changed. Notifications only go to the first five people that you tag. It's just that we've noticed the mod powers more now that we have more mods who are regular rate hosts.

Thanks. This makes complete sense & clears up the confusion I had.

I’m getting help from @Cutlery in terms of graphics and they are amazing in terms of what I’ve seen so far and I shall be forever grateful. But I still need a backup host for the Allie X Rate so if you’re interested message me or respond to this post.

he / him
Hey, someone mentioned in my rate that they'd love to see this uniformly across the forum and I think it's an amazing idea? It's pretty simple but I'm happy to share the project with rate hosts or make them myself if anyone would like to do the same?

OOTB.png

Prism.png

Hey, someone mentioned in my rate that they'd love to see this uniformly across the forum and I think it's an amazing idea? It's pretty simple but I'm happy to share the project with rate hosts or make them myself if anyone would like to do the same?

OOTB.png

Prism.png
Metacritic found DEAD!

I could actually do the same for my rate eventually, if they all form some kind of "PJ archive" together. If you want to share the workfile let me know!

Last edited:

londonrain

Staff member

OOTB.png

Prism.png
I'd be very happy for this to be done for my rates, but I don't have the skills to create this myself.

The stats for my first couple of rates are:
  • Brandy - Never Say Never (1998) - 75%, 31 voters
  • Monica - The Boy Is Mine (1998) - 76%, 31 voters
  • Lauryn Hill - The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill (1998), 77%, 31 voters
  • Whitney Houston - My Love Is Your Love (1998), 78%, 31 voters
  • En Vogue - Electric Café (2018) - 74%, 20 voters
  • Mariah Carey - Caution (2018) - 87%, 20 voters
  • Toni Braxton - Sex & Cigarettes (2018) - 85%, 20 voters

he / him
Ooh, looks very neat. How do you calculate the score?

Its literally just the rounded average!

I'd be very happy for this to be done for my rates, but I don't have the skills to create this myself.

The stats for my first couple of rates are:
  • Brandy - Never Say Never (1998) - 75%, 31 voters
  • Monica - The Boy Is Mine (1998) - 76%, 31 voters
  • Lauryn Hill - The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill (1998), 77%, 31 voters
  • Whitney Houston - My Love Is Your Love (1998), 78%, 31 voters
  • En Vogue - Electric Café (2018) - 74%, 20 voters
  • Mariah Carey - Caution (2018) - 87%, 20 voters
  • Toni Braxton - Sex & Cigarettes (2018) - 85%, 20 voters

Exciting, ill get them made soon. Not sure where might be best to put them or anything, I just thought the idea was good. Even if we had the scores archived in text