The Rate & Graphics Help Desk | Page 11 | The Popjustice Forum

The Rate & Graphics Help Desk

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by ohnostalgia, Jun 8, 2018.

1. I LOVE THIS!

phoenix123, swim, evilsin and 2 others like this.
  2. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

We could either make a new thread or temporarily open the list of winners for you to make however many posts you feel necessary to edit graphics into as you make them.

I can make some for all my rates, but it wouldn’t be right away.

berserkboi, londonrain and swim like this.
  3. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

If we close the thread again I don’t think he’ll be able to edit his posts, though. I have a sneaking suspicion that you can’t edit your own post in a locked thread.

berserkboi likes this.
  4. I can just make a bunch and pass them over to one of you? Can a thread handle a lot of images?

berserkboi, Maki and londonrain like this.
  5. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

Yeah, it should be absolutely fine with lots of images.

berserkboi and Maki like this.
  6. I think a new thread with only the images could work? Anybody could make one post for one rate which includes a number of those metacritic-esque graphics, while the mods could update the first post with the links to the different posts. A database basically.

7. I think the image limit per post is 20, and I agree with @Verandi that it's a great idea to make a separate thread for it.

berserkboi likes this.
  8. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

It doesn’t matter to me!

berserkboi likes this.
  9. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

@Lost Boy I can open a thread since you’ll have all the Katy graphics. If I have the first few posts, then I can do the indexing that was suggested.

If you have any ideas for titles, I would appreciate it.

swim and berserkboi like this.
  10. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

@Lost Boy here are the averages for my 1D rate, which had 36 voters.

Up All Night - 6.69
    Take Me Home - 6.69
    Midnight Memories 6.57
    Four - 7.34
    Made in the A.M. - 6.63

Music Is Death and swim like this.
  11. Is there anyone interested in helping out with the Popjustice Retrochart?

In particular I was thinking of some standard 80s style graphics we could use for the Top 100, Top 10, some icons/banners for different countries. I’ve sourced flag icons before but the links often break over the years....

I could also do with help to organise some polls/rates/countdowns too?

As ever if anyone just wants to join in please do so we are up to 1984 now!

@cityofdoomsday
    @Epic Chocolat
    @Eric Generic
    @Hairycub1969

Hairycub1969 and Epic Chocolat like this.
  12. Sure....drop me a PM or email and I'll see what I can help out with. Doesn't look like I'm going to have much else going on for the next few weeks...

Hairycub1969 and Epic Chocolat like this.
  13. I'm no good with graphics but could help out on collecting data for poles - for example:
    - Fave Retrochart Number One of each year

Eric Generic and phoenix123 like this.
  14. Morning laid ease,

I'm running the xx rate in the next little while and it's going to be fairly light on in the graphics department. However, I would like include just a few (I'm talking literally 2 or 3) particular and cute .jpgs that I imagine will require someone with more skills in photoshopping than I personally possess (i.e.: nil) to create.

If anyone can help please send me a PM and I will let you know what I need! You will have my eternal gratitude.

2014 likes this.
  15. Hello! I am looking for some graphics help for my "Early 2000s Rock Chicks" rate that is set to open early March. All I really need is something for my intro post, like a banner or a set of gifs. If anyone has time and is interested in helping that would be kindly appreciated.

16. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

Eliminate time zone confusion by creating an event for your rate deadline on 24timezones.com

berserkboi and evilsin like this.
  17. Heya. Looking for some help with something for my upcoming Beatles rate. All I'll really need is a banner for the opening post, maybe a few other things for headers. Thanks!

18. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

I'd be happy to help.

berserkboi and Ironheade like this.
  19. Sweet, I'll PM you with what kind of thing I'm looking for later.

berserkboi and ohnostalgia like this.
  20. Hello - I probably should've sorted this before launching my rate but can anyone point me in the direction of a suitable spreadsheet to use for inputting the results? Needs to accomodate 100 songs. Thanks in advance!

berserkboi and Maki like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.