The Rate & Graphics Help Desk | Page 9 | The Popjustice Forum

The Rate & Graphics Help Desk

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by ohnostalgia, Jun 8, 2018.

1. Hello!
    This is a rather big ask but would anyone be interested in helping do graphics for my upcoming TwentyBiTeen/Queer Music of 2019 rate? As can be seen in the 20Gayteen Rate, graphic design is not my passion. I'd be open to anything from a few cute banners to artwork for every song. It's 112 songs so I totally understand if that's not your thing!

evilsin likes this.
  2. Hello, a bit random but is it possible to change a poll at the start of thread from "private" (like, with the voters being secret) to showing the members who voted for it? When I check the possible edits I don't see one but maybe there's a way or a mod can work some tricks I don't know.

Maki likes this.
  3. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

Hi everybody, I've merged the two threads as previously requested. I copied @londonrain's post into the opening post of the thread and deleted some early posts that didn't make sense in the context of the new thread. You'll see @londonrain's post again about halfway through because I didn't have the heart to delete it ddd.

Please post all graphics requests here. And if you'd like to volunteer to be on the list, please let me know. So far, I only have me because that information is old.

4. Flop mod!

Just kidding obviously. You are doing amazing!

ohnostalgia likes this.
  5. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

Well nobody reports posts in this forum, so I’m looking for organizational work to do okay!!!!

londonrain and Sprockrooster like this.
  6. aux

aux

@ohnostalgia please add me to the list of graphic volunteers. I'm proficient making banners, promotional material, GIFs and single cover arts for rates. You can find some of my work in The Robyn Rate (everything, most singles cover arts bar the GIFs made by @vague), The Halsey Rate (everything made by me) and The 00s Emo / Pop Rock Rate (opening post banners). Happy to help with whatever you may need!

My consultancy fee is one (1) stream of your preferred Robyn album.

[​IMG]

7. Well, I was about to ask someone for help in my Anastacia rate. I do not know if you are a fan of your music. So this is a bit of a general question also.

I am looking for a banner, stuff like when I tag people they have that X amount of days to go and a roundup for each album.

Since it is 120 songs I am not necessarily on the hunt for artwork per song but obviously if someone wants to take that on I am happy to take it! But I have no issue also to do it like I did with the Texas rate and search the songtitle on google and get a funny picture there.

londonrain, berserkboi and Maki like this.
  8. Normally I make the graphics for my rates but since I am without a computer it’s not realistically feasible for me to provide the graphics for the Allie X rate so I would be extremely grateful for any help. I am after graphics to promote, banner and artwork and an aesthetic background to use for statistical purposes and I’d like to incorporate Allie X spinning gifs somehow.

9. I know this is a bit off topic but as people in this thread are likely to be design minded and tech savvy I have two things I would like advice on please:

1 I am thinking of having a personal professional website using my name (e.g www.phoenix123.com). What is the most user friendly way of doing this? Do I sign up to one of those build your own websites like wix.com then buy a domain name separately and try to link them up somehow?

2 There are lots of people on YouTube making videos with all sorts of technical wizardry and it seems like even ten year olds can do the basics these days. I’m a bit long in the tooth relatively but I think I could still manage some basic video editing. What is the best software package to download and edit videos (whether that’s online music videos or stuff filmed on my iPhone).

Do I sound like an old fart? Sorry. I’d really appreciate some advice and I trust Popjustice.

10. So I decided to use this one for the latest Kumi rate thank you and I have a question. Is there a way to see the ranking clearer? In the file version I used for the past 3 parts there was a way to show only a song at #10, or at #69 or any other place and it would show all the songs that have the same average that would place them at the same position.

soratami and Music Is Life like this.
  11. Sorry, I don't really understand the question. What exactly is it you want to be able to see?

Music Is Life and evilsin like this.
  12. Like... an ability to see only the songs (or songs in case of a tie) that placed, say, at #50 without other songs getting in the way without massing up the spreadsheet.

Music Is Life likes this.
  13. Hello, yes I am back again! Unfortunately the person who was going to do graphics for my queer music rate (20BiTeen) had to drop out due to change in life circumstances from the pandemic (obviously super understandable and I love them for offering in the first place!) but I am hoping to find someone who could still help me out! The song list is long but I’d be happy to have the same artwork for all the songs on each album. Lemme know if your interested!

14. There isn't an option to just display some of the songs as far as I know. But if you sort the songs by average/ranking in the "Leaderboard by song" spreadsheet you can easily see the songs in elimination order without having to mess up anything, and while leaving the songs in default order in the "Leaderboard by album" spreadsheet.

evilsin and londonrain like this.
  15. Got it. Means I have to make a whole another spreadsheet by the song though, dddd.

soratami likes this.
  16. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

Just copy and paste it to the other tab, remove the ranking column, and sort the whole tab by the average column.

soratami, berserkboi and evilsin like this.
  17. Ooh, this should work. Thanks!

londonrain and berserkboi like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.