The Rate Hosting Help Desk | Page 3 | The Popjustice Forum

The Rate Hosting Help Desk

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by londonrain, Sep 6, 2019.

1. Thank you @londonrain for that spreadsheet example! As someone who failed accounting in high school, I find the spreadsheet to be the most challenging part of rate hosting ddd. I will be stealing some of those formulas.

Also how did you make it so that when you scroll, the text and average rows stay still?

2. Freeze paning.

3. How do you go about activating that, by the way? I have never worked it out Dddddd

4. This is what I did for the Sabrina rate, and it did help.
    I prefer your/@ohnostalgia/mine/etc rate style over standard bare bones ones, but I've never had a problem with any rate style.

This is such a great thread @londonrain.

5. View -> Freeze Pane. Should be similar in google sheets and excel.

berserkboi and londonrain like this.
  6. This is a rate spreadsheet template based on the one @londonrain posted in the opening post. It's easy to use and gives you a ton of information without requiring any effort aside from inputting people's scores. It might come in handy for people wanting to host their first rate or experienced hosts who have been using a more basic spreadsheet in previous rates.

The first sheet is divided into sections (which can be, for example, albums or acts), and can readily give you information such as album averages and a lot more. It's currently divided into 8 sections of 9 songs each, but you can easily increase or decrease the number of sections, songs or songs per section. You just have to make sure the averages for each section are being calculated correctly (for example, if your first section has 12 songs instead of 9, the "Section 1 average" cell, C81, should read =AVERAGE(C2:C13) instead of =AVERAGE(C2:C10)).

The second sheet is a more simplified version of the first one, and can be useful for, for example, sorting the songs in elimination order while keeping the first sheet in default order.

Credit goes to @londonrain for creating this, all I did was clean it up and make some minor tweaks. If anyone does use the spreadsheet and has some trouble with it, feel free to bring it up in this thread as I'm sure people will be able to help.

myblood, Remorque, slaybellz and 9 others like this.
  7. This is amazing! Thank you. Could you maybe link it another way so it doesn't automatically embed?

8. Here you go!

aux, myblood, Remorque and 5 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.