The Real Housewives of Atlanta | Page 108 | The Popjustice Forum

The Real Housewives of Atlanta

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by johnny_tsunami, Oct 28, 2019.

1. I think this episode at the table is the first time I’ve ever seen Porsha make Kenya look real stupid and Kenya knew it.
    Marlo causing all that mess for no reason at all (???) was a ki.

2. This is exactly what I was thinking when this scene played out. Porsha's got much better at handling Kenya when she's gaslighting her.

With that said, the producers should've had them sit down together after South Carolina to hash things out and keep the narrative moving forward. They need to start season 14 this way and have the cast go on a trip by episode 3.

teddienono, Andrew.L and Oceandrive like this.
  3. Marlo needing a back brace because she's carrying this whole season.

Not her being exposed for lying about having liposuction though dddd.

4Roses, lushLuck, Fuchsia and 5 others like this.
  4. This season has ended up being entertaining but my issue is that none of the dynamics feel natural. Everything feels very forced and in that sense I'm still getting Love & Hip Hop from this instead of the classic Atlanta that we all know and love. I miss the effortless shade and banter among the ladies.

lushLuck, allyshone, Lucas and 3 others like this.
  5. I wouldn't be surprised if this is why we see LaToya get the boot. Personally, I think she's been great and entertaining but I'm not sure if she's right for this particular show.

I hope casting directors avoid skewing younger when looking for new talent. We've had conversations like this before but we don't have many shows that focus on women in their 40's and 50's, let alone black women. Allegedly, production is getting a shake up for next season. Perhaps Bravo know they dropped the ball a bit this year.

6. I'm glad to hear production may be changing, as Atlanta, OC and Beverly Hills all need some significant changes with the whole producing process. The editing, casting decisions, and confessional choices all need a lot of work.

7. Now that was an episode.

Porsha's WIDEEEE OPENN, AS BIG AS THIS TABLE. I FUCKED THE MAN WHO MADE THE PIG, I FUCKED BOLO. I FUCKED EVERYYYYBODYYYY AT THE BACHELORETTE PARTAYY *with a sinister smile* was totally giving me Bethenny's MENTION IT ALL energy.

8. Just finished episode 8 of season 2. We're supposed to hate Kim, right? 16 episodes of buildup to her music career and she has a full breakdown at the sight of a microphone?! Everything about her kills me... the fridge full of cigarettes, the horrific wig, her inability to mother her children competently, her utter lack of self-awareness, etc.

I like Kandi a lot. I know her briefly from Celebrity Big Brother (ddd) but she feels like an immediate standout here. The way she can never hide when she doesn't like something makes me scream. And the preview for the next episode has her & NeNe will finally go at it, so I'm perched.

Lisa has become a lot more endearing this season (I stan her parents!) probably because she's getting so many scenes with NeNe. And NeNe continues to absolutely slay me. Her commentary on literally everything was iconic. I was dead at her trying to get Kim to be "a black woman" for the alter-ego shoot.

The show is still a bit slow, but I know it's early days and ROHNY was similarly slower early on. So, out of curiosity, what are considered the best seasons? And who did we love/hate in these first two seasons?

9. RHOA follows a similar trajectory to RHONY. Season 3 is when the show really gets going, Nene and Kim’s feud escalates, Sheree becomes even more desperate and we’re introduced to Phaedra and Cynthia as new cast mates. Season 5 is a soft reboot and we get two essential newbies, one of whom is easily one of the greatest of all time.

I think the fans mostly agree that 3 - 9 were the shows best years. 3 - 6 are relentless, iconic reality TV. 7 and 8 dip ever so slightly but are still a must-watch before season 9 comes in which was considered a re-peak. From 10 onwards it starts a slow decline. @VicePresidentJocasta

10. To answer another question: no, you’re supposed to LOVE Kim for the trashy gold digger that she is—-up until Slavegate happens then she becomes irredeemable trash up until she exits mid-Season 4.

ohaimanabu and Andrew.L like this.
  11. And prepare yourself for the downfall of Nene. Sigh.

12. Since we're on the topic of past seasons, we started Season 8 last night and I'm already ready to write an essay regarding why Kim Fields was the worst casting decision in Housewives history until Teddi Mellencamp.

Some quick updates if anyone is interested:

-Nene had become increasingly insufferable but I did feel incredibly uncomfortable on her behalf for how the counselor situation played out at the reunion. I saw rumblings that she orchestrated it in some capacity but I just...don't see it from how she was reacting? Regardless, Season 8 has felt so much lighter without her (I know she's coming back midway so let me feel the fantasy).

-I have no clue about the general reception but Season 7 was the season I laminated my Cynthia Bailey stan card. I know her and Peter don't get divorced until 2017 which makes this potential infidelity in early Season 8 even more of a yikes.

-Kenya Moore is literally a supervillain and even when she's awful she's iconic.

-Kenya v Sheree is already iconic, please put "the house that never was" on my tombstone.

-I love Phaedra Parks even if the veneer has been cracking a bit.

-Porscha is on the fast track to being my favorite housewife ever. The way she absolutely glows in front of the camera, I don't know a better person.

13. I’m on season 3 and Nene, whilst being massively entertaining at times, just swallows all the air in every room.
    I like aspects of Nene and can see why she was the breakout star but she’s hard to root for because she can turn viciously on you at the drop of a hat if you dare get more attention than her.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2021

14. I love reading your assessments as you’re discovering the joys of ATL. I don’t think you ever reacted to Pillow Talk though girl ...?!
    I agree with pretty much everything you said here (besides Porsha being your fave ddd)

Cynthia really did the damn thing in Season 7 and Season 8. Dumping Nene, becoming an Arsonist, a Gucci belt in Karate, a Man (50 Cynth) and the plus sized model of Pastor Regina Bells dreams. A truly versatile artistè. Also the way she gathers Porsha in that restaurant scene and sends her retreating is always hilarious.

15. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

16. Not y’all discussing the older episodes completely ignoring the latest one.

The DOWNNNNFALLL.

17. At least it’s not Married To Medicine ddd.

I don’t feel like Big Frieda’s disdain for the girls fighting was spoke about enough. Her coming to cook and ending up sitting in the middle of that mess was a scream.

18. Don’t do MTM like that. The ladies are delivering.

And yes Big Frieda was done dirty by Marlo but it’s ok Queen had her moment to shine in that episode.

YOU ALREADY KNOWWWW

Also, can we have more scenes of Drew’s husband shirtless please?

19. Yessss the Married to Medicine hate! We really are sisters.

Andrew.L and Oceandrive like this.
  20. Lots of speculation that LaToya is done with the show, but her comments on IG are cryptic and sounds more like she's taking the piss than anything else.

As we know, Bravo don't send out contracts until after the final reunion episode has aired, so as it stands no decisions have been made.

Andrew.L likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.