The Real Housewives of Melbourne | The Popjustice Forum

The Real Housewives of Melbourne

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by johnny_tsunami, Oct 27, 2020.

1. As an Americunty, I had little exposure to the international Housewives franchises. However, I had seen Gina Liano here and there in gifs and memes. I have also heard little rumblings about how great The Real Housewives of Melbourne is as a franchise, particularly on this forum. Everyone kept saying it is one of the best, if not the best, franchise ever.

As a diehard RHONY stan, I was slightly disappointed by the most recent season and also void of Housewives content following the pandemic and quarantine this year. Most of the American franchises are struggling with quality, with RHOC seeming to be a different show entirely at this point.

Then a popular Housewives channel, Real Housewives Mania U, began posting excellent montages of moments from certain Melbourne Housewives that I was unfamiliar with: The first being Janet Roach. Who I instantly became prepared to die for.

I mean...is this performance art? It's like Jenna Maroney got a reality show in 20 years.

Then the same for Lydia. Then Gina. And I realized I had to see this franchise. AT ANY COST. I'm now viewing the actual episodes for the first time and am now up to the first episode of season 3. I am enthralled. The self-awareness. The constant group scenes.

But literally at no cost because I'm streaming for free.

I mean, every episode is packed full of the entire cast filming together. Constant arguing. Constant insanity. The chaos is incredible.

Please discuss.

2. [​IMG]

That is all.

3. WAIT.

ky.jpg

5. “Can I spock? I mean speak!”

“I don’t know Darl, can you Spock?”

6. There is no way Gina is an actual human being, right? She was an android engineered in a lab to be either on RuPaul's Drag Race or a Housewives franchise.

7. How would you rate the wives? I think my ranking would be:

Giner
    Lydiot
    Janet
    Gamble
    Pettifleur
    Chyka
    Jackie
    Venus
    Sally
    Susie

Figaro

Andrea

8. Why doesn't Gina have a Gold Logie yet?

9. Queen Gina randomly follows me on Twitter and it’s probably the highlight of my social media experiences. They are just...chef’s kiss. Gina, Gamble, Lydia, Janet, Pettifleur...legends.

10. 1. Gina
    2. Janet
    3. Lydia
    4. Pettifleur
    5. Gamble
    6. Chyka
    7. Venus
    8. Suzie
    9. Jackie
    10. Sally
    11. Andrea

Gina is probably in my top five housewives of all time.

11. And you haven’t even met Venus yet.

12. [​IMG]

Gina to save RHOBH

13. This remains the greatest finale in Housewives history.

14. Jackie is nowhere near my favourite of this Franchise but I can say seeing this reaction from her after Gina tells her she should tell the spirits she talks to to fuck off next time she hears them is a highlight of my existence!

[​IMG]

15. I’m on Season 2 on HAYU!

16. Jackie was great for reactions.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Jackie truly is the ideal Friend Of.

constantino, Karvel, Blayke and 3 others like this.
  18. The constantly shifting power roles constantly leaving me guessing on who is going to murder who next...I'm shaking. The first episode it was Gamble eating Pettifleur and episode two Lydia killed Suzie in broad daylight.

EDIT: Why is Lydia dressed like a Sith at the wedding invitation party???

Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
  19. The revisionist history?? You were proclaiming it as one of their best in That Other Thread for weeks on end?

As I said in the general thread (RIP to that now I guess) I'm so happy that you've finally got on board The Liano Express and discovered RHOMelb. Truly the best TV of the 2010s.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.