The Real Housewives of New York | Page 513 | The Popjustice Forum

The Real Housewives of New York

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by johnny_tsunami, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Me during Season 12: "y'know Ramona has kind of run her course as a housewife"

Me before every episode of Season 13:

[​IMG]

2. I mean we can say that literally all of the RHONY housewives have been problematic in a way or another, like the only two or three that I don't think or at least I don't recall ever did anything ignorant, questionable or downright tragic are Alex McCord, Tinsdale, Kristin, Cindy and Tinsdale, scream.

Maria and tylerc904 like this.
  3. Tinsdale being so unproblematic she gets mentioned twice!!

4. [​IMG]

5. This thread is a rollercoaster. Every housewife seems to be showing her ass at this point.

6. The "Sonja is the woke queen" takes have me particularly on edge knowing her gigantic fight with Bershan is coming up where she breaks the glass; I can't quite be sure Sonja's going to come out of that without showing her ass too.

7. Where can I buy the NFT for this.... I deserve ownership per my stanning of season 12 Tinsley.

lushLuck and Andrew.L like this.
  8. Interesting perspective. I cringed hard at the articulate comment because of the history of knowing that it's a micro-aggression. The shame of it is, in that particular context, I think that Heather was trying to say "It's so nice to hear someone else in this group actually be so well spoken and intelligent, because look who the fuck we are dealing with." I also get that Heather is upset that Eboni is backing up her friend who basically has had a hit out on her for months when she maybe felt like she had a mutual understanding with Eboni during filming (hell, up until yesterday, they both still followed each other on IG), but in that frustration, agreeing that Eboni is a "race baiter" is the exact type of showing your ass that these woke, liberal, feminist white ladies love to accidentally do the second they get called out in any sort of capacity. I know Eboni, now, is really siding with Leah and coming in a little hot on Holla, but in the confessionals and in the episode, Eboni was pretty clear that she didn't necessarily love the way Heather sometimes came across as whitesplainy but generally appreciated her effort and knew she was coming from a good place. She was also instrumental in getting the other women to even listen to Eboni, which has to be recognized.

Heather fucked up with the likes and responses to her IG post, though, 100% -- and she definitely should address them in a reasonable way.

9. matthew.

matthew. Staff Member

Between Heather Dolzeal's microagressions and Leah "I'm Not Voting" McSweeney there's no one to root for.

10. That is incorrect. Marley and Coco have been unproblematic legends this season!

11. But do you all really..."root" for people when you watch Housewives? Ddddd.

12. matthew.

matthew. Staff Member

Who do you root for on NY?

[​IMG]

Somehow constantly falling upward and downward at the same time?

[​IMG]

The butt monkey of not only the other housewives but the producers?

[​IMG]

A whirlwind of sadness, Dale, Moët, Strawberry, Shortcake, and hair extensions?

[​IMG]

The only housewives I ever wanted to fully win and find happiness?

[​IMG]

It's Tinsley! It's Tinsley!

13. I stan this post and I stan Tinsley but I am also howling that this is following up:
    When Tinslegend is the OG “Politics aren’t my thing/I didn’t vote” NY Icon.

14. matthew.

matthew. Staff Member

Much like my IBS I’ve never claimed to be consistent.

15. If I like a HW I feel like I root for them and that can include a good villain. Here I’ve always rooted for Ramona wrt
    I always rooted for Alex because she was the underdog. Controversial but Ramona is another one I root for. She is so socially awkward, but I feel she means well. Ramona is the ultimate NYC housewife IMO.

I also root for a good villain. I don’t think you have to be likable to be a good HW. Jill was delicious in those last two seasons! I loved watching her go from fan face to egomaniac. She was the first HW to have a fall from grace like that.

16. Season 3 in my rewatch: It's incredible how much power and evil Ramona's Cameron Diaz haircut gave her. She truly was unstoppable AND on her worst behavior.

[​IMG]

17. Last thing Bethenny saw before Ramona murdered her on Brooklyn Bridge.

18. Footage from the HBO Max miniseries adaption of Miss Ramona Mazur Singer's life, greeting everyone onto her rented yacht. Getting ready to shill her products as she holds her yachters captive at sea.
    [​IMG]

19. I root for Sonja's extensions during season 11.

20. I'm only two episodes into season 10 but the energy has shifted. It feels ominous. I'm not sure why.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.