The Real Housewives of New York | Page 578 | The Popjustice Forum

The Real Housewives of New York

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by johnny_tsunami, Jan 28, 2019.

1. I feel like this just officially marked the end of an era for RHONY, and there’s no doubt now that it will be completely revamped when it comes back. I used to think Ramona was untouchable as a cast member, but I wouldn’t be surprised if only Lu was the remaining OG left.

lushLuck, Edu, johnny_tsunami and 3 others like this.
  2. I'm fine with Lu being the last one standing if they do a complete revamp since Bethenny has zero interest in returning again which is a shame cause she's needed more than ever. Lu is entertaining, eccentric and can be a hot mess & serve the goods without the danger of being "cancelled" unlike Ramona where it's becoming more and more of a problem especially if they're aiming to bring in a younger audience.

In order for the revamp to work, they have to start fresh with a whole new dynamic, interesting, youthful cast (besides Lu who can be the sole OG) and really allow the chemistry and relationships to grow and develop.

sesita and Maria like this.
  3. I hope I never have to see Leah or Eboni again. I want to be...FREE.

Uno, Jonathan27, Karvel and 11 others like this.
  4. Smells of them protecting Ramona and Lu to ensure they get viewers for Housewives Girls Trip...
    It's, interesting

Jonathan27, Karvel, Serg. and 7 others like this.
  5. EE1AA5ED-D287-4747-839E-A91184B046DC.jpeg

Last edited: Sep 18, 2021
  6. So what really happened?

ohaimanabu likes this.
  7. I think the reunion could have been explosive if, as someone mentioned previously, they broke the fourth wall and discussed why the season was so poorly received.

Karvel, lushLuck, Edu and 3 others like this.
  8. I'm disappointed but not surprised.

Please fire Leah @BravoBravoFuckingBravo.

Karvel, Edu, ohaimanabu and 2 others like this.

9. the accuracy dd

10. I know it sounds dramatic but I am in actual shock that the crown jewel of the housewives franchise is this in the gutter. It's something I never, ever would have predicted.

Karvel, lushLuck, Edu and 9 others like this.
  11. Well maybe they shouldn't have fired their best cast member and brought on a flop!

Karvel, Eskapism, junglefish and 9 others like this.
  12. I will accept nothing less than Bethenny, Dorinda, and Tinsley returning.

13. Throw Carole in as a surprise and see Bethenny lose it. I’ll accept Tinsley because it means more Dale.

Karvel, constantino, lushLuck and 8 others like this.
  14. I now believe that bringing Kelly back should be considered. Her and Ramona could have real estate parties and Bethenny could be furious about it and it would be fun.

huntypoo, Andrew.L and berserkboi like this.
  15. Worrying and a sad state the show has become to quickly. Alas, with confirmation there is no reunion I also fear a very heavy retooling of the show if not outright cancellation. Given the circumstances now and while I honestly liked all the cast as, I'd suggest some aggressive recasting without throwing away the entire show legacy.

Ramona
    LuAnn
    Bethenny
    Dorinda
    Leah
    Jill
    NEW HOUSEWIVE (make it someone known and notorious)

Friends Of - Sonja, Eboni, Elyse

I feel Bethenny and Dorinda can reposition the dynamics as quite the firm power couple. We need a PR event to some degree so bring in Jill at last and top it off with a new Housewive that is known for some extra punch. Eboni will just need to go, we can't have the show go off for another year in the direction it was dragged but she'd be a nice FoH.

Sonja can function fine as a FoH, there's nothing else she can bring that we haven't got a million times before.

16. I disagree about Sonja being a Friend Of. She’s the heart of the show. Messy? Yes. But she softens Ramona and looks better when Ramona can’t be softened. I think Luann is the one who needs to be thrown back to the Friend Of status.
    Is Ramona pulling double duties as both a Housewife AND Friend Of?

17. Keeping the old guard and slinging out the black woman when the racial attitudes of those white characters is possibly one of the many reasons we haven't a reunion...

Sexbox, sesita, eyeline and 3 others like this.
  18. I know this thread doesn’t particularly care for Eboni on the whole and she has her own weird optics, but anyone thinking the way this series will be saved is by simply getting rid of her (and Leah) but keeping RamoNO (and honestly, Sonja too) well … it’s crack that you smoke.

OlliMaus, Uno, constantino and 5 others like this.
  19. I’m currently on season 10 and I’m intrigued to see how it goes so bad. Does the quality remain high throughout seasons 11 and 12?

lushLuck likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.