The Real Housewives of New York

This scene was Dorinda as the Joker. Chaotic, powerful and should be feared.

No... This scene was Dorinda as the Joker.

irPEKxX.jpg

There’s literally a wealth of cast members they could’ve pulled from to continue the show. At max they would’ve had to let Ramona, Leah and Eboni go and it’s not like they couldn’t have filled their spots with previous housewives alone.

If the reboot turns out to get good reviews I might give it a go but I’ll leave it to potentially tank first.

I'm not watching the reboot just because I feel a bit petty and a little aggrieved that Bravo has wasted both my time and hopes. Eboni apparently has a new reality TV show on the way, though, so Sonja might turn up on that?

This is so stupid, all ways round. Why did they announce this so prematurely if literally nothing was locked in? If the episode count is lower, why not pay the OG women close to their former episodic rate? Similarly, I'm all for "knowing your worth" but can the women not just suck it up and take a paycut and do the limited series? I'm sure Lu and Sonja didn't get what they were paid per episode in RHONY 13 for their Crappie Lake spin-off, it's about the exposure.

There’s literally a wealth of cast members they could’ve pulled from to continue the show. At max they would’ve had to let Ramona, Leah and Eboni go and it’s not like they couldn’t have filled their spots with previous housewives alone.

If the reboot turns out to get good reviews I might give it a go but I’ll leave it to potentially tank first.

They could’ve easily continued with Luann, Sonja, Bershan, Jill, Dorinda and cast 1 or 2 newbies.

Listen I miss Row Knee as much as all of you girlies but some of y’all are doing far too much about this news and the reboot.

They’re all trying to negotiate for money - network and cast. Until we hear official news that the reboot has been shelved y’all need to touch some grass and breathe ddd

As for the reboot, I’m going in with an open mind and I’ll wait till we see the footage before I cast judgement.

Teebs I’d rather we make a new thread for the reboot when the time comes because I don’t want to read constant complaints about it. Don’t watch if y’all are still pressed about Legacy!

I would be willing to watch the new series if I was assured that Legacy was coming. I don’t like the idea of the women who built this series being shafted over one bad season during COVID. I need my mothers to be taken care of!

This is the mistake I think Bravo is making. It feels obvious to me that people would be willing to give the new flop RHONY a chance if we knew that Legacy was coming, too. But when the feeling is that our OGs have been kicked to the curb, low-balled, and potentially entirely scraped... why on earth would we want to support the new iteration?

b-4.gif

Also Andy's tease over the weekend that the women are fighting over ridiculous things and likening it to 'early RHONY' uhh... I don't see that working in 2023 like it did in the late 00s/early 10s. It sounds to me that the cast is having inconsequential conflict because they lack natural relationships rather than what we had in earlier iterations of this franchise.

I might sound very pessimistic here, but shelving Legacy and going full steam ahead with this reboot is going to mean they end up with one season of a reboot followed by a cancellation. We're going to have a Housewives universe where RHONY is cancelled entirely if they don't seriously rethink their tactics.