The Real Housewives of Orange County | Page 59 | The Popjustice Forum

The Real Housewives of Orange County

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by johnny_tsunami, Dec 26, 2019.

1. Well I will say that the first part of the reunion has been more interesting than the whole season, not that it was hard to do. I was thinking Kelly was pretty calm so far but then they previewed.......that.

Remorque, ohaimanabu and lushLuck like this.
  2. Tea. If they don't bring back Tamrat, they're mad.

ohaimanabu and johnny_tsunami like this.

3. Somehow she gets worse and worse.

4. Kelly's worse problem is she has no self awareness, and doesn't realise how stupid her comments come across.

I liked Elizabeth at the reunion, if she is more like that she can stay another season, if there is one.

5. Now that final part of the reunion has aired, I feel more than comfortable saying this was the worst season in Housewives history. There is not a single redeemable or enjoyable thing about any one of these women, and we shouldn’t have to suffer through seeing them on our television screens ever again.

TeamDorinda!! and johnny_tsunami like this.
  6. Put Gina on Jersey. It just feels right.

7. God, what an exhausting mess. Any hope this shit gets cancelled?

lushLuck and johnny_tsunami like this.
  8. I've never felt this uncomfortable trying to get through a season of Housewives. I feel like the poorly veiled biphobia during season 10 of RHOBH was embarrassing enough, but now we're just looking directly at very outwardly abusive and racist people. There is no entertainment value to any of this: Just discomfort. I feel weird about the people who enjoy it, to be honest.

9. I have a sense it's all gone too far. Actually, I felt similarly with Dorinda's about Tinsley. It was too vicious and spiteful, not at all entertaining. There comes a point when we have to stop doing that "Queen Dorinda/Kelly/Vicki/Ramona is ICONIC" etc and letting Bravo give them a pass for being utterly cretinous. The only power we have is ignoring these shows. The worst thing is that I probably won't ignore them. I still watch even when I don't enjoy it. Really, we're part of the problem. I'm not sure what it'll take to break the spell, if that makes sense.

Remorque, Snatched and lushLuck like this.
  10. matthew.

matthew. Staff Member

I demand Kelly be fired publicly.

And honestly trash the whole cast. MAYBE keep Gina And Shannon because they both have such a pitiful energy that makes them slightly redeemable but honestly either can it or reboot it.

Remorque, JXCK94, Pink Frost and 5 others like this.
  11. matthew.

matthew. Staff Member

The real irony here is Lea Black isn’t the conservative she comes across as.

Remorque and lushLuck like this.
  12. The only reason I still found some minor enjoyment in the Dorinda/Tinsley mess was that some of the other women still held her accountable/called her out on her awful behavior. On OC, even Andy couldn’t be bothered to hold these women to the flames for their behavior, because I believe even he knows none of them deserve this platform & is too afraid to lose the entire show by pushing it.

13. Wow Kelly was absolutely terrible in part 2. Yikes!

lushLuck likes this.
  14. Evan Ross Katz tweeted that they needed to cancel it, ME-again McCain replied and then Andy replied to them both saying it was in need of a reboot

Remorque, Andrew.L, 1991 and 3 others like this.
  15. I’m not even sure I trust Bravo/Evolution with a reboot. I think it’s perfectly fine for us to say, as a society, we’ve moved beyond needing to give this burning trash bubble of America a platform. Focus instead on something new. But they won’t, I know.

That said, I am glad Andy is aware something needs to be done. He’s usually the least aware with these matters.

Remorque, stopthestatic, 1991 and 2 others like this.
  16. Poor Gina and her kitchen sign that says "gather."

17. I’m watching the reunion right now and god, JUST END IT. CANCEL IT.

The excuses these women have re: BLM, LGBTQ+

[​IMG]

Remorque, Jesus Jugs, Jóga and 4 others like this.
  18. I haven't watched it since the last Palm Springs episode. I don't see the point in Andy wanting it rebooted. Just end this dumpster fire now and do another city. Rebooting it just means a different set of Republican homophobic racists.

lushLuck and 1991 like this.
  19. I was stanning at the beginning of the season because the tone was so strange and sorta reminded me of the aimlessness of early reality TV, but I honestly couldn't stay engaged nn. I dropped off when they went to that lake house (?). What even happens after that? Shannon gets Covid, Kelly spews racist bs, Elizabeth parrots conspiracy theories, and Braunwyn's exposed as abusive?

20. That was the worst episode of Real Housewives ever. The section discussing BLM actually embarrassed me beyond belief.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.