The Reissue Thread! | Page 1364 | The Popjustice Forum

The Reissue Thread!

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Eric Generic, Oct 19, 2009.

1. If they stopped selling cds at my local Sainsburys ill start doing my shopping at Aldi.

ModeRed, stecov and Eric Generic like this.
  2. I love this post! Its a very good comp and fans will argue over what should be on it (for me Life At A Top Peoples Health Farm should always be missing) but enjoy TSC, its definitely worth it. Our Favourite Shop is probably their only essential album, which sounds mean to the others but if its a short stop on our tour of music, its the one to go for.

Eric Generic and dancevision like this.
  3. I love TSC but have never listened to an album the whole way through! I have the 5CD boxset released a long time ago and all I need is on there playlist-wise.

That documentary was the best I have watched in years, I wish other bands would do the same.

Eric Generic likes this.
  4. Yes! It’s great, an Oxfam bargain.

Eric Generic likes this.
  5. Got that from Fopp £9.99

6. I bought it on release (1998?) in HMV. Forget how much. Could have been £40.

7. think I'm with EG on the cost and date, you two got bargains!

Eric Generic likes this.
  8. Cost me IR£55 in 1998

Eric Generic likes this.
  9. TSC had some tracks I like, but the weren’t The Jam.

I appreciate that’s said in the manner of a moaning old person...

Eric Generic likes this.
  10. That was really the whole point of TSC for Weller. He followed his muse...for better or for worse...towards the end, he lost his way a bit but had that final hurrah with Confessions of a Pop Group before the Modernism debacle did it for the fanbase.

ModeRed likes this.
  11. I dont remember the fanbase being keen on Confessions either... #15 I recollect and largely bewildered reviews. I think its one of those albums that the view has changed significantly over the 30 odd years.

Eric Generic likes this.
  12. After having shared a bedroom with my older brother during the Jam years we'd moved and I had my own bedroom by the time of the Style council so I didn't have to 'suffer' them like I did the Jam and I could be a bit more objective about them. Some of them actually aligned to my tastes, like 'Long hot summer' and 'It didn't matter', but in hindsight I guess the Jam were 'better'.

ModeRed and Eric Generic like this.
  13. Without having much loyalty to either band, in my mind I prefer The Style Council simply because so much of The Jam's oeuvre was just "why are these young men shouting at me?", although by the time of "The Bitterest Pill" and "A Town Called Malice" the bops are undeniable.

14. Yes, Confessions wasn't very successful either. A #28 lead single and the album didn't even make the Top 10. It was quite a swift decline after about 1986.

Blaahh likes this.

15. That's because he went underground to the promised land and he got stuck there because the walls came tumbling down, i think they crumbled due to the long hot summer, and he wasnt seen for a while even though he was trying to shout to the top, one person heard him but it didnt matter.

Blaahh and Eric Generic like this.
  16. This idea could be a new thread.... genius.

Eric Generic likes this.
  17. I'd heard he checked himself into one of those retreats for rich people to detox...I called him and said, "oi Paul, how's Life At A Top People's Health Club Farm?".

18. Going back to the Christmas Time CD which site is it on? Been looking on the usual ones bit cannot find it.

19. This one?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.