The Reissue Thread! | Page 1368 | The Popjustice Forum

The Reissue Thread!

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Eric Generic, Oct 19, 2009.

1. All 4 of the Heart Like A Sky singles are featured on the new 3cd Greatest Hits. Think it includes all their singles, including ones only released in various countries in Europe.

Eric Generic likes this.
  2. The listing for Spandau's 3CD looks like it comes in a clear fatbox! Tempted. Even though I've created something almost exactly like this a few years ago (that ran to 4 discs).

Anjoel40 likes this.
  3. Did you name it 'To cut a short story long'?

4. I'll have you know that I spent hours coming up with an inventive title...

[​IMG]

..and gave up.

burntoutcar, stecov, ModeRed and 3 others like this.
  5. She's going for the Xmas number one like Macca then.

6. I wish Eric’s efforts got officially released...

Eric Generic likes this.
  7. It could be updated, I guess. The new tracks for the compilation from a few years ago, and then whatever they've cobbled together for this project (if anything).

Weird to see Gary Kemp fronting the Pink Floyd thing with Nick Mason these days.

8. If you haven't already heard ver Spands' attempt* at "The Boxer", well, what a treat awaits you!

* flying rugby tackle

Eric Generic and ModeRed like this.
  9. Its baffling isnt it.

Auntie Beryl and Eric Generic like this.
  10. Was going to watch that this weekend, has anyone seen it yet?

11. I recorded it for later viewing. Definitely curious to check it out. Looks like the broadcast version is a lot shorter than the full show on the Blu-Ray/DVD which runs over 3 hours.

12. I think I am thankful for that! I like Pink Floyd but not 3 hours worth..

Eric Generic likes this.
  13. It does, just got mine.

Eric Generic likes this.
  14. Got my Now 7 and it doesn't have the Matrix Mix of 'Opportunities (Let's Make Lots Of Money)' 3:20, it's the (Full Length Original Seven-Inch) 4:37.

Also it has the album mix 5:10 of 'Sledgehammer' not the single fade 4:53.

Simple Minds - All The Things She Said is the edit 4:00, instead of the album mix 4:15, which was on the original Now LP.

Simply Red - Holding Back The Years is the full album mix 4:28, not the Edit 4:04 that was on the original Now 7.

The biggest oddity is the Billy Ocean - When The Going Gets Tough, The Tough Get Going is a weird 3:00 edit, not the 7'' Mix 4:07.

Nu Shooz - I Can't Wait is not the Single Mix 3:37 but the full length album Mix 5:25.

15. Thanks for this....ugh.

16. My signed [email protected] boxset arrived. Not the greatest design...the clamshell case doesn't quite close properly so it tilts/topples a bit...and the glossy card sleeves are a bit of a squeeze to get in and out. But I don't think that's the fault of Amazon (for a change!).

So, yeah.. a signed [email protected] boxset....Nurse, my medication!

17. Listened to some of The Spandau's 40th this morning. The early singles sounds like they've been taken from the Journeys to Glory remaster....gobsmacked someone thinks that was good enough to reuse! They are terrible. Album version of Instinction (no!) and as mentioned the version of the Boxer is something else. Can see why that was in the vaults for so long!

lob0to and Eric Generic like this.
  18. £11.99 saved!

19. That Billy Ocean edit turns up a lot on recent 80's compilations.

Eric Generic likes this.
  20. How do these folks remain gainfully employed? At work, we’d be massacred if we presented the wrong files. Better yet, why don’t they ask for help on here?

ohnoitisnathan and Eric Generic like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.