The Reissue Thread! | Page 1381 | The Popjustice Forum

The Reissue Thread!

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Eric Generic, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Jesus, they must think we're loaded.

Blaahh likes this.
  2. 128kbps....might as well just plug your headphones into some mud....there's no need for bitrates that low....it's not 2002 anymore

3. We were real gone kids in 2002.

I'm not very good at this pun thing...

Its ok for plugging my 2004 ipod into my 2008 radio for washing up entertainment, makes you wonder what is wrong with the original file quality. Anyway, they have declined to refund me - which is always the problem with digital files innit.

ohnoitisnathan and Eric Generic like this.
  4. Could you not argue that they haven't been transparent in giving details of the quality of the files, and that had you known, you wouldn't have made a purchase given the poor quality of 128kbps, at least if they gave details consumers can make an informed choice

Eric Generic likes this.
  5. Which was exactly what I said in response.... to no response. Wondering whether to phone the credit card company instead.

Eric Generic and dancevision like this.
  6. I'd say that falls under "goods not being of a reasonable/expected quality". £10 for 128kps mp3 is daylight robbery. This is 2021.

7. To think I got the 2CD/1DVD deluxe of When The World... for 7.99!

nlgbbbblth and Blaahh like this.
  8. 3CD+DVD !

Eric Generic likes this.
  9. I thought it might be! Even better.

nlgbbbblth likes this.
  10. Humanracin, ModeRed and dancevision like this.
  11. Looks like it'll be the cd and e.p for me as I have no need for vinyl, hopefully a 3cd version will come out, there's enough on twitter asking about it

Eric Generic likes this.
  12. At last
    A gateway album for me. Have pre-ordered from official store so as to get the bonus disc. My vinyl copy has seen a lot of action so I welcome the inclusion of same in the package.

Eric Generic likes this.
  13. This need for every option to be vinyl led. Argh. I’d like it all easily accessible- and I don’t need another copy of the album on the black stuff!

dancevision likes this.
  14. The formats/pricing for Quiet Life has shades of the Prince debacle...either the cheap(ish) CD format, then a huge jump to £60 for the next level of deluxe-ness. Which is fine if you love the album, and want vinyl loaded in with CD. Oh well.

dancevision likes this.
  15. I was having same worry in 5 minute break between Zoom calls, it comes as no surprise that record companies see these boxes as great ways to extort money from us, as traditional revenues have long passed. But they are not worth it, I'd like Quiet Life but not at £60 - 3CD pack for £30/£35k is about what is worth it. My worry is they will just become very expensive items now, great for Steve Hoffman budgets but maybe not for our generation.

ModeRed, dancevision and Eric Generic like this.
  16. Japan in general aren't a band I'd want big bucks sets. Sylvian solo in the 80s, a different story. But even then I'd be loathe to go above £30-40.

17. Can anyone recommend a decent all encompassing (yet not box set...) Adam & the Ants hits type thing? Not looking for albums. more a decent sweep of the 7" singles of my youth!

dancevision likes this.
  18. If it's just singles then this

https://www.discogs.com/Adam-The-Ants-The-Very-Best-Of-Adam-The-Ants-Stand-Deliver/master/227727

or this - It's got most of the singles (not the early pre Kings stuff though) some b-sides and album tracks too up Vive Le Rock

https://www.discogs.com/Adam-And-The-Ants-Dandy-Highwaymen-The-Best-Of/release/1944276

If you want a bit of everything then this

https://www.discogs.com/Adam-And-The-Ants-Antbox/master/312811

but it's a lot more expensive

19. ModeRed likes this.
  20. ModeRed and dancevision like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.