The Reissue Thread! | Page 1397 | The Popjustice Forum

The Reissue Thread!

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Eric Generic, Oct 19, 2009.

1. I truly hope so. I want proper digital files especially of songs like Bienvenu Au Paradise, and will skip the vinyls. Maybe we should mail them.

2. Looks like the Frankie Knuckles mixes of Electribe 101’s Heading for the Night are out on July 9th (vinyl or download)!

If I remember correctly, the unreleased second album will follow later in the year. (I’d love a CD release for that!)
    —-
    (just realized this isn’t technically reissue news, maybe tangentially - my bad)

Last edited: Mar 22, 2021
    manloveuk, Jóga, ModeRed and 2 others like this.
  3. [​IMG]

Atlantic Starr: Always – The Warner-Reprise Recordings (1987-1991), 3CD
    May 28, 2021
    DISC ONE:
    ALL IN THE NAME OF LOVE
    EXPANDED EDITION
    1. ONE LOVER AT A TIME
    2. YOU BELONG WITH ME
    3. FEMALES
    4. DON’T TAKE ME FOR GRANTED
    5. ALWAYS
    6. ARMED AND DANGEROUS (From The Motion Picture OST “Armed And Dangerous”)
    7. LET THE SUN IN
    8. THANKFUL
    9. I’M IN LOVE
    10. ALL IN THE NAME OF LOVE
    11. MY MISTAKE
    12. INTERLUDE
    BONUS TRACKS
    13. ONE LOVER AT A TIME (EXTENDED VERSION)
    14. LET THE SUN IN (EXTENDED REMIX)
    15. ALL IN THE NAME OF LOVE (SINGLE VERSION)
    16. ALWAYS (SINGLE EDIT)
    DISC TWO:
    WE’RE MOVIN’ UP
    EXPANDED EDITION
    1. UNDER YOUR SPELL
    2. BRING IT BACK HOME AGAIN
    3. I’M IN LOVE WITH YOU
    4. DON’T START THE FIRE
    5. LOVE AIN’T FAIR
    6. MY FIRST LOVE
    7. WOMAN’S TOUCH
    8. FRIENDS
    9. WE’RE MOVIN’ UP
    10. MY SUGAR
    11. I CAN’T WAIT
    12. YOU DESERVE THE BEST
    BONUS TRACKS
    13. BRING IT BACK HOME AGAIN (JOE SMOOTH EXTENDED MIX)
    14 BRING IT BACK HOME AGAIN (JOE SMOOTH UNDERGROUND MIX)
    15. MY FIRST LOVE (EXTENDED MIX)
    16. MY FIRST LOVE (7″ EDIT)
    DISC THREE:
    LOVE CRAZY
    1. I CAN’T WAIT
    2. WHAT’S GOOD FOR YOU
    3. LOVE CRAZY
    4. HOLD ON
    5. LOOKIN’ FOR LOVE AGAIN
    6. COME LOVER
    7. YOU HIT THE SPOT
    8. MASTERPIECE
    9. GIRL, YOUR LOVE’S SO FINE
    10. MY SPECIAL LOVER
    11. UNCONDITIONAL LOVE

imcal, Eric Generic and torontodj like this.
  4. Pity the Atlantic Starr set doesn't have the one album I really want, As The Band Turns from 1985.

5. Yeah, it would have been nice to have an all-encompassing Atlantic Starr set.

Eric Generic likes this.
  6. Eric Generic and manloveuk like this.
  7. Blaahh likes this.
  8. I loved all of his first four albums. His new album, just like all his albums of the last 20 years have been really frustrating listens - endlessly hoping just one song will measure up to former glories, only for it to be meandering low-budget indulgences. But deluxe editions of those first four albums I would snatch in a heartbeat, regardless of what name is on the cover.

9. I don't understand the issue re: the name. It's simple respect. I would be concerned if the music was changed or remixed.

10. As Mr SDE mentions, the name is more of an issue than most acts, who didn't use it as part of the title for every album, so this is probably unchartered territory. But TAFKATTD is absolutely right to stand his ground. It's just a bit messier than usual to get it all together, and it will have more of an impact on artwork/promotion/packaging and also how it is perceived by the public. That is a bit of a headache that I don't envy SONY having to overcome. But it is the right thing to do.

manloveuk and torontodj like this.
  11. Blaahh, manloveuk and Eric Generic like this.
  12. Sananda's done something with Calvin Harris which is coming soon and may be the best thing he's done in years. The new album is the end of an eight album arc, so hopefully, with relations with SONY having warmed and possibly renewed interest c/o collaborations with Calvin Harris and The Avalanches and a reissues campaign, he'll be steered away from a break from music and back into producing great music again.

Eric Generic likes this.
  13. What a tortured artist.

Surely it doesn’t really matter what name is actually printed on the cover, even if a different name formed part of the album title because The Hardline According To Sananda Maitreya is still the hardline according to the same actual person, isn’t it?

Anjoel40 and Eric Generic like this.
  14. I'd be more bothered if he'd insisted on re-recording the whole album because he doesn't feel like the person who made the original. At least, I assume, the reissues will all be the original recordings.

burntoutcar likes this.
  15. What about charts ? Has ever happend a change of the name of the artist and title of the album before ? The content is the same, but formely it's called in another way. Can you write: "the album re-enters at 15" if it's not called the same way ?
    Can you write "Sananda Maytreya debut album" if it's not the album the name Sananda Maytreya debuted on ?
    If Sony accepted to wriye his current name on the reissue, I think they're planning to make A LOT of money from it !

burntoutcar and Eric Generic like this.
  16. To add another level of complex, I'm fairly sure he referenced himself in several tracks. They'll be the original recordings I'm sure, but would not be surprised if mention of TTD gets bleeped out, or the office admin at Sony is as we speak practising 'Sananda Maitreya' into a dictaphone for her shot at fame in the overdubs.

Blaahh, burntoutcar and Eric Generic like this.
  17. I wondered about this. But the OCC seem to make separate entries for anniversary/deluxe reissues of albums, so it won't be an problem. If it charts as the new non-TTD version, it'll likely be listed as Introducing The Hardline etc... and credited to SM as an entry in itself.

18. Seems to be a Smiths super deluxe just released and also a fan movie?
    I guess SDE and other sites are giving Morrissey the silent treatment.

19. For which album? There was the ‘The Queen is Dead’ one from 2017 but haven’t seen anything newer.

Eric Generic likes this.
  20. I knew about the movie, but not aware of any new SDE releases for the band.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.