The Reissue Thread! | Page 1411 | The Popjustice Forum

The Reissue Thread!

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Eric Generic, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Do we know if any single versions/rarities will be on it? It looks like a lovely set I might actually get this.

phoenix123 and Eric Generic like this.
  2. Why cant we have "Now that's what we call the single versions" going through each year with the correct single versions no album versions etc..

3. It is so irritating how many compilations lack single versions. Do labels just not care to sort it out? Is it that difficult to find the single mix? I’m guessing they’re not stored with wherever the album is but surely the Master should be somewhere near.

imcal and Eric Generic like this.
  4. 100% with you, though some people will moan about tracks being edited!

imcal and ModeRed like this.
  5. Ok, Mandy Smith cover is a choice, but what about
    You Are the One - a-ha ???
    It's a top13 hit. All the prev singles charted higher or the same, except The blood that moves the body. They could have choosed Cry wolf or Touchy! instead !

6. I believe there's a little cluster on CD2 where the actual 45 versions have never been on CD - Malcolm McLaren, Ryan Paris and Forrest, but none of them are likely to be correct here.

And quite a few others are rare on CD as well. With a tracklist of 80 songs, I'll be amazed if the number of non-45 versions doesn't stretch well into double figures!!

Love the idea of Now That's What I Call Single Versions - trips nicely off the tongue for the obsessives amongst us!!

biffy77, imcal, Eric Generic and 2 others like this.
  7. 80s

80s

Does anyone know the correct timing for the U.K. single version of Ryan Paris Dolce Vita please.

8. 4.00. Has an instrumental bridge from 2.54-3.11, then vocal all the way until it fades at the end.

80s likes this.
  9. Nice set that NOW yearbook, looks very well done. Hope more years follow suit.

idratherjack likes this.
  10. 80s

80s

Stecov Thank you.As usual Discogs did not give any timing.

Eric Generic likes this.
  11. Adjusted is not the word I would use! Horrific, underwhelming, misguided... so many possibilities!

12. I remember Amazon Canada had the Kylie singles box set for... $25!! And I still didn't buy it -- and I rarely give up buying a Kylie item. But that box set was a disgrace. Kylie deserved so much better.

The Girls Aloud, Bananarama, SAW, and Rolling Stones singles box sets remain the benchmark.

13. idratherjack and The_Rani like this.

14. Best summer holiday album in the world ever?

No.

YourLeadSinger likes this.
  15. The Greatest 70s is good too.

Similiar series without the Ever also knocking around.

Dosco likes this.
  16. The S Club 7 Essential album has artwork and a track listing

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It's lacking in the B-Side department, but it's nice to see remixes and a nice selection of album tracks.

WhatKindOfKylie? and Anjoel40 like this.
  17. 7 b-sides out of 12(ish) isn't bad but definitely could have included Dangerous or Down at Club S over the dreary Beatles cover! I'll be buying anyway.

Angeleyes, hownee and Spiral like this.
  18. The next reissue in the Toyah reissue series, Blue Meaning, is released today.

My copy of the 2CD/DVD set has just arrived and it truly is a gorgeous package. Fab sleevenotes, great artwork. Tonnes of bonus material alongside the fab original LP. Looking forward to watching the bonus features on the DVD hugely. Cherry Red really are packaging these releases beautifully.

tylerc904, Jam, Humanracin and 2 others like this.
  19. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

Let's treat people's appearances with decency. Thank you.

invertedbutterfly likes this.
  20. Good set that! Nice to see some remixes included too.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.