The Reissue Thread! | Page 1414 | The Popjustice Forum

The Reissue Thread!

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Eric Generic, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Sweet....I'll run the CD through my special Brickwalling software, photocopy the booklet and use the over-saturation plugin, then maybe dig out my old scratched 7" singles for the bonus material. Easy!

IEngineered, Blaahh, ModeRed and 3 others like this.
  2. I have waited so long for a Cupid & Psyche remaster and I'm so, so disappointed that this is all they've come up with. I might buy it if the reviews indicate better sound quality because the original CD sounds thin. But under protest.

mynextrick and Eric Generic like this.
  3. WhatKindOfKylie? likes this.
  4. This was also announced. There will be different versions. This is the super deluxe limited edition from Amy's website.

[​IMG]

5. Bonus tracks :

[​IMG]

The Wallmart Edition has an extra 2 live tracks.

6. Really pleased about this, I've pre-ordered the 2CD set and vinyl.

IEngineered and idratherjack like this.
  7. Thrilled about the Amy Grant reissue, Heart In Motion is a great early 90s album and I've wanted those single remixes for 30 years.

Eric Generic likes this.
  8. When the Scritti reissues were first mentioned I’m sure they were meant to be expanded. Probably in for ‘Anhomie...’ on vinyl.

Eric Generic likes this.
  9. Even I may give that Amy Grant an album a go!

IEngineered and Eric Generic like this.
  10. Great album. Will probably get this for the bonus stuff, even though I literally got 2 of them earlier this week on a different/later CD single!

11. Seems a nice re issue too.

12. Wasn't there a single mix of 'That's what love is for' as well?

13. There is stuff missing including 'Every Heartbeat' 12'' Mix. I suppose we got unreleased tracks instead of some things to keep it 2 CD.

14. Does anyone know if it is available to order to the UK?

15. I couldn't see it on Amazon UK so I ended up ordering on the US site assuming this might be US only, but it could pop up in the UK, in which case I'll cancel my preorder and order again.

Anjoel40 likes this.
  16. It would be nice if we could have Springsteens - Born In The USA get a deluxe treatment ie 12inches and b sides etc

phoenix123, Eric Generic and Blaahh like this.
  17. Never heard any non-Baby Baby Amy Grant song but have always seen this album praised so I may take a chance on it.

phoenix123 and Eric Generic like this.
  18. I love Heart in Motion, but it really should be a 3-disc set with DVD.

I have a Japanese maxi-single with mixes of both Baby Baby and Every Heartbeat and several of those mixes don't appear on this. But I'll still get it because I love Amy, and pop-era Amy.

19. The singles are all top-notch. In fact, I think all the singles after Baby Baby are superior. I've always loved Every Heartbeat (it would wrestle with Lead Me On to be my 11 in an Amy Grant rate) and That's What Love Is For and I Will Remember You are fabulous ballads.

The follow-up House of Love is also very strong. Although it tried a bit too hard to be Heart in Motion: The Sequel, it's still worthwhile. Amy recorded The Power, a few years before it was featured on Cher's Believe album. And she also recorded "Oh, How The Years Go By", recorded by Vanessa Williams as well.

20. Every heartbeat is a pure summer song. I prefer it as well.

trussy74 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.