The Reissue Thread! | Page 1415 | The Popjustice Forum

The Reissue Thread!

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Eric Generic, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Liking these pop facts!

phoenix123 likes this.
  2. I prefer Lead Me On as an album, though always classed as a Christian Rock album, the title track and 1974 are breathtakingly amazing and worth hearing for Amy’s vocal performances.

Eric Generic and IEngineered like this.
  3. My favourite songs on Heart In Motion weren't among the many hits....Ask Me and How Can We See That Far. Absolutely sublime.

idratherjack and IEngineered like this.
  4. Her reading of If These Walls Could Speak remains my favourite. It has an ethereal quality to it.

Blaahh and Eric Generic like this.
  5. Written and first recorded by Simon "Clime Fisher" Climie, too.

torontodj likes this.
  6. She’s poetic in a way that others aren’t. Poignant imageries that serves the song as opposed to being showy, as some writers can be.

Eric Generic likes this.
  7. Besides the single remix for That’s What Love Is For, the mixes for Good For Me are also missing. But these cd singles are easily available on eBay. As a long time fan, I think the real gems here the demos, the Rhythm Mix of I Will Remember You (hard to find on cd) and the edit of Ask Me. I’m beyond thrilled about this reissue.

Eric Generic likes this.
  8. Why I love Pop Justice. Always learning.

Pop School.

burntoutcar and Eric Generic like this.
  9. Back when I was freelancing A&R with Sony I asked about those mixes. Apparently he hates them and fought against them in the first place and won't let anything be done with them.

Blaahh, ModeRed and Eric Generic like this.
  10. I love 'Heart In Motion' & 'House Of Love' as albums. Her early releases has good stuff on them but I find overly Christian music grates on me.

biffy77 likes this.
  11. How many Christmas albums does one person need, Amy Grant?

Blaahh likes this.
  12. Home for Christmas has become an essential Christmas album in my house, I don’t think I need the other 2.

IEngineered likes this.
  13. The Cherry Red Best Of went past In The Running and featured tracks from later albums so I am wondering if they might continue?

Blaahh and Eric Generic like this.
  14. Her first Christmas album is very good. Heirlooms is one of Amy's best songs.

A Christmas to Remember is not bad, although it didn't feature her best song as part of the track listing - her cover of The Carpenters' "Merry Christmas Darling".

Home for Christmas remains her best Christmas album.

AshtrayHeart likes this.
  15. Yes, I'd forgotten about that comp. We shall have to see!

16. This is ridiculous. The entire 'Heart In Motion' album and every released remix easily fit on just two discs with a bit of space to spare.

Another great example of how frustratingly random these deluxe editions can be. "Just fill a CD with this incomplete assortment of tracks from that era. No need for basic research, or regard for logical sequencing".

Instead, they should be releasing:
    1 - The remastered album plus the previously unreleased songs on the first disc (also released separately for casual listeners who just want the album remastered and a few "new" things to hear.)
    2 - Two bonus discs with all of the remixes from 1991-1992. (Plenty of room for the live and demo recordings to go here or on the first disc)
    3 - A DVD with the five music videos (plus alternate versions), and maybe an EPK or interview from the era.

Easy.

17. I agree. And Amy already had her albums remastered in 2007 and then Lead Me On had a 2-disc reissue. Not too hard to give us all the mixes.

Weird thing is they had a special edition of an Amy comp some years back with some mixes so they know fans want them.

Eric Generic and Pop Life like this.
  18. It does seem to be a thing now with some reissues. The original album on the first CD with no bonus tracks. It's wasted space but some artist want the original album untouched (aside from remastered).

19. Blaahh, Eric Generic and lob0to like this.
  20. Speaking of Amy Grant, I'm an atheist, but I love the tune (not so much the lyrics ddd) of this song she did for Christian Television in the 80s.

torontodj likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.