The Reissue Thread! | Page 1418 | The Popjustice Forum

The Reissue Thread!

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Eric Generic, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Yeah something like that would be good - I’d like it for Sarah Records too, tho at least they did have compilations

Blaahh and Eric Generic like this.
  2. Re Aztec Camera and Postcard.

Roddy seems to have studiously avoided digital release of those Postcard singles, and I'd expect he owns the rights to them and has final say. I think he may also own 'High Land, Hard Rain', hence it not being in the WEA box.

Postcard in general - I suspect the rights to the original Postcard releases are now with the bands or the labels they signed to. The Orange Juice Postcard stuff has been reissued on the later incarnation of Postcard ('The Heather's on Fire' singles comp and 'Ostrich Churchyard' "alternative debut LP"), then on Domino on 'The Glasgow School' comp and the 'Coals to Newcastle' box set, which is available again via Edwyn's own label.

The Go-Betweens Postcard singles are available on various of their compilations, and the Josef K material has been kept in print by LTM.

There doesn't seem to have been a various artists compilation collecting up the singles, but maybe I've just never spotted it.

There was a later iteration of Postcard (c.1993-95) that released albums by Paul Quinn, Vic Goddard, the Nectarine No9 and Jock Scot. A friend of mine was involved in a recent limited reissue of the Paul Quinn albums from the 90s but it sold out before I even knew it had gone on sale!

https://postcardrecordingsofscotland.bandcamp.com/album/unadulterated-vinyl-box-set

Blaahh and Eric Generic like this.
  3. Thanks! Might have to do one myself as I have realised I have a few class Postcard singles on their own comps, exactly as you say. The only two I don't have are the AC ones... I did have a look on a Roddy Frame website and the FAQ said it’s because he thinks they should stay on 7”s and not everything in life should be easily obtainable. If true, this appears to be the case!

hamicle and Eric Generic like this.
  4. That's an......interesting decision.

Maybe I'll think twice about buying the new AC boxset...after all, it's too easily obtainable.

nlgbbbblth and Blaahh like this.
  5. The problem with the new box set is there isn’t much I want bar the Eric Calvi remix of Somewhere In My Heart and the versions of Jump. It does look good value but not if you have several of the Edsel versions.

6. I ended up passing on the Edsels after Love was such a bodge, so never got the others. Amazing that it was a decade ago now!

Blaahh likes this.
  7. I think I bought them cheap in end, I only got Love (amended disc) and Stray.

Eric Generic likes this.

8. Well, not a big news, thera are quite a lot of albums not printed on cd, but her words make me laugh. You don't want my money ? You won't get them !
    Then you go to her official store and the cheapest vinyl costs €35, while the limited edition is up to 47 ! Then there's a "music box" with album download and a booklet at 19!

Last edited: Jun 21, 2021
    ModeRed likes this.
  9. CDs don't automatically end up in landfill.

Only shit ones.

Angeleyes, SlowBurn, ModeRed and 2 others like this.
  10. The arrogance of youth.

SlowBurn and Humanracin like this.
  11. No CDs is becoming scarily common from indie artists, but I've never seen an artist as big as Lorde do it.
    Also no CDs but multiple coloured variants of vinyl are OK for the environment? girl please...

biffy77, nlad90, Angeleyes and 6 others like this.
  12. Complete tosh. Print them on recycled milk bottles for £10 and I’ll believe you. Multiple vinyl versions… why are they less likely to be landfill?? Not least if it’s a crap album and doesn’t sell…

Besides, I thought cds were easily recycled…

SlowBurn, Humanracin and Eric Generic like this.
  13. Exactly. Double standards much.

14. If they stop selling cds i will stop buying music simple as that. Why would i want to buy vinyl when i was forced into cds by the record industry years ago, why would i want to buy digital when i can quiet easily get that often free. I used to own a lot of vinyl then CDs became the norm, I couldn't give the records away, now it seems like we are slowly being forced to buy vinyl again, been there done that won't be doing it again.

15. I'm going to justify I don't want to waste money to produce CDs with a random explanation about feelings and sensibility BUT I'm going to spend on vinyl and ask the double price as for a CD taking the opportunity.

[​IMG]

16. Exactly.

Alan, SlowBurn and ModeRed like this.
  17. Just noticed this which looks like a reissue of Queen Greatest Hits with a different cover. No details. Anyone know anything about it?

18. Just what the world needs!

phoenix123 likes this.
  19. Being reissued to mark the 40th anniversary of the album's release and the 50th anniversary of Queen.

phoenix123 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.