The Reissue Thread! | Page 1419 | The Popjustice Forum

The Reissue Thread!

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Eric Generic, Oct 19, 2009.

1. CDs don't automatically end up in landfill.

Only shit ones.

Angeleyes, SlowBurn, ModeRed and 2 others like this.
  2. The arrogance of youth.

SlowBurn and Humanracin like this.
  3. No CDs is becoming scarily common from indie artists, but I've never seen an artist as big as Lorde do it.
    Also no CDs but multiple coloured variants of vinyl are OK for the environment? girl please...

biffy77, nlad90, Angeleyes and 6 others like this.
  4. Complete tosh. Print them on recycled milk bottles for £10 and I’ll believe you. Multiple vinyl versions… why are they less likely to be landfill?? Not least if it’s a crap album and doesn’t sell…

Besides, I thought cds were easily recycled…

SlowBurn, Humanracin and Eric Generic like this.
  5. Exactly. Double standards much.

6. If they stop selling cds i will stop buying music simple as that. Why would i want to buy vinyl when i was forced into cds by the record industry years ago, why would i want to buy digital when i can quiet easily get that often free. I used to own a lot of vinyl then CDs became the norm, I couldn't give the records away, now it seems like we are slowly being forced to buy vinyl again, been there done that won't be doing it again.

7. I'm going to justify I don't want to waste money to produce CDs with a random explanation about feelings and sensibility BUT I'm going to spend on vinyl and ask the double price as for a CD taking the opportunity.

[​IMG]

8. Exactly.

Alan, SlowBurn and ModeRed like this.
  9. Just noticed this which looks like a reissue of Queen Greatest Hits with a different cover. No details. Anyone know anything about it?

10. Just what the world needs!

phoenix123 likes this.
  11. Being reissued to mark the 40th anniversary of the album's release and the 50th anniversary of Queen.

phoenix123 likes this.
  12. But all they've actually done is to add a slipcase? Surely people won't re-buy it just for that??

13. Perhaps the original is being withdrawn.

14. Does that mean my "rare and collectible" copy without a slipcase will be worth more???
    There can't be many copies in circulation....

magictreehouse and Eric Generic like this.
  15. I think I read some different tracklist, too, for Queen reissue?

16. Just read it's been reissued as it's the 40th anniversary, no same tracklisting, only difference is a slipcase, 4 different cassette versions and an LP

Talk about milking it!

stecov likes this.
  17. Quite. Honestly, the only reason to justify such a reissue is if the earlier one is long out print and difficult to obtain.

My loathing of Queen n their overblown histrionics is well known so I shan’t be adding that to my wants list!

mynextrick, CasperFan and dancevision like this.
  18. Apparently it’s a blatant attempt to get number one on its 40th anniversary.

ModeRed and dancevision like this.
  19. It's a kind of tragic

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.