The Reissue Thread!

Can anyone spot the difference between the album and supposed single versions of Good For Me? They sound the same to me. Also, weirdly my Baby Baby from CD single is shorter than the newly remastered 7” version by nearly 30 seconds.

Can anyone spot the difference between the album and supposed single versions of Good For Me? They sound the same to me. Also, weirdly my Baby Baby from CD single is shorter than the newly remastered 7” version by nearly 30 seconds.

I'll check Good For Me when my copy comes. The actual CD single mix is fantastic, one of my favourites....makes it a bit more jiggy but keeps the attractive melody. Likewise the Rhythm mix of I Will Remember You.

Well, I had a listen to a lot of the bonus material from Amy's Heart In Motion 30 deluxe, thanks to her official YT page, and was about to hit the purchase button on the selection of tracks that I felt were worthy of getting.....and then amazon go and make it available immediately for £17. So, I thought what the hell. I get a remastered version of the album, all the bonus tracks I liked (and some I didn't!) plus the booklet to enjoy.

Seems best! But I do agree with @Pop Life that some of the 12" mixes sound lossy. At least from what a YT stream can indicate.

The sound on CD2 is so different from the remastered album on CD1. Still, terribly grateful for the 7” remix of Ask Me.

I'm too young to know what they played when it was out, but I can confirm at the very least that every time I've heard Baby Baby on the radio in the US it's been the album version.

Also, the US vinyl and cassette CDs have the album version on side A, with the Heart in Motion mix on side B.

I've been told that the Heart In Motion mix was the hit version in America which I find very hard to believe. I don't like it at all. Luckily the No Getting Over You mix is great!

I was/am a big Amy fan and I never remember hearing the mixes on the radio (to be fair I am in Canada so maybe American stations favoured the mixes).

Always preferred the single and video mix of Every Heartbeat. Total bop!

So is Baby Baby as I heard it on the UK radio in '91 still only available on the original CD single? I've listened to all the versions on this reissue and they all sound as though there's something missing from the song I remember (and would quite like to hear again), unless my hearing has changed in 30 years (entirely possible!).

So is Baby Baby as I heard it on the UK radio in '91 still only available on the original CD single? I've listened to all the versions on this reissue and they all sound as though there's something missing from the song I remember (and would quite like to hear again), unless my hearing has changed in 30 years (entirely possible!).
I'm pretty sure the version I remember from the radio on 1991 was the 7" No Getting Over You Mix which is on the reissue. The main difference is that it has a completely different instrumental in the middle edit from the album version. I'm so chuffed to finally own it!

I've got 4 versions of Baby Baby (that I know of)....the album mix, No Getting Over You 7", Heart In Motion 7" and whatever is on the NOW 1991 10th Anniversary comp (maybe if I check that booklet it'll shed some light).

I'd forgot it was on Now 1991... that's the version I remember. It may simply be that as an edited version of the No Getting Over You 7'' the immediacy of a less drawn out track is what I recall, or it could just be the dustier sound of an old comp, but it just sounds slightly different to my (cloth) ears. Nonetheless, it's the version on Now 1991 I'd like to have heard in sparkly remaster form.

On second listen, the mix itself may be the No Getting Over You 7'' but in it's remastered state it's taken on the quality of when acts re-record their classics so it has all the elements in place but something just feels missing.

The only place I can see a 3'31 version other than Now 1991 is the original French and Australian 7'' singles, which kinda makes it even more baffling as I wasn't in France or Oz in 1991 but it's definitely that edited version I remember. Either way, glad to have rediscovered it... cheers for the tip to Now '91 @Eric Generic

Last edited: