The Reissue Thread!

So is Baby Baby as I heard it on the UK radio in '91 still only available on the original CD single? I've listened to all the versions on this reissue and they all sound as though there's something missing from the song I remember (and would quite like to hear again), unless my hearing has changed in 30 years (entirely possible!).

The single mix is also on the UK Lucky One single.
https://www.discogs.com/Amy-Grant-Lucky-One/release/678019

I'd forgot it was on Now 1991... that's the version I remember. It may simply be that as an edited version of the No Getting Over You 7'' the immediacy of a less drawn out track is what I recall, or it could just be the dustier sound of an old comp, but it just sounds slightly different to my (cloth) ears. Nonetheless, it's the version on Now 1991 I'd like to have heard in sparkly remaster form.

On second listen, the mix itself may be the No Getting Over You 7'' but in it's remastered state it's taken on the quality of when acts re-record their classics so it has all the elements in place but something just feels missing.

The only place I can see a 3'31 version other than Now 1991 is the original French and Australian 7'' singles, which kinda makes it even more baffling as I wasn't in France or Oz in 1991 but it's definitely that edited version I remember. Either way, glad to have rediscovered it... cheers for the tip to Now '91 @Eric Generic

yep the hit version in Oz was the 3.31 edit of the No Getting Over You mix. I have a remastered version bought on a compilation from Oz iTunes a few years ago which has now vanished.

Re: Disc 2 of the Amy release, why do her vocals sound so... bad on the non album tracks? It almost sounds like they have present-day vocals over the early 90's production. Granted, I have no idea what Amy's voice sounds like nowadays. Day and Night and Don't Ever Want To Lose It (Wind In The Fire) are both great.

Re: Disc 2 of the Amy release, why do her vocals sound so... bad on the non album tracks? It almost sounds like they have present-day vocals over the early 90's production. Granted, I have no idea what Amy's voice sounds like nowadays. Day and Night and Don't Ever Want To Lose It (Wind In The Fire) are both great.

Yes, and this was something @Pop Life touched on. Very few of the vocals on the bonus material are of the same quality as we are used to from Amy. I guess the demo status meant the same level of quality wasn't observed as for final takes and those intended to be mixed for the actual record. Also the vocals on the *new* track (based on an old demo) are very much 2020 Amy, by the sound of it. Much huskier and muffled and without that same purity you'd get from someone younger (and before her health problems of course).

I caved on the CD version of Heart In Motion, I ordered the vinyl version from Amazon US, but realising this isn’t available on streaming and Amazon U.K. have very low stock, the decision was made, and I’m glad I did.
I can’t wait to receive the vinyl. I am praying desperately that it’ll be gatefold but I know I’ll be disappointed.

Yes, and this was something @Pop Life touched on. Very few of the vocals on the bonus material are of the same quality as we are used to from Amy. I guess the demo status meant the same level of quality wasn't observed as for final takes and those intended to be mixed for the actual record. Also the vocals on the *new* track (based on an old demo) are very much 2020 Amy, by the sound of it. Much huskier and muffled and without that same purity you'd get from someone younger (and before her health problems of course).

Strange! A shame too because the two tracks I mentioned could rival the main album with better vocals.

I recently got her 1985 album Unguarded on CD, and I would highly recommend it to anyone who's getting their life from Heart In Motion.
Lead Me On also says Hi!

Though the lyrics are strongly Christian, they are so uplifting (see Lead Me On itself) and with the joy of her strongest melodies, it’s just a superb album. And better than Heart In Motion in my humble opinion.

Good score EG on the Unguarded cd, I have never found it at a decent price.