The Reissue Thread! | Page 1487 | The Popjustice Forum

The Reissue Thread!

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Eric Generic, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Can't wait for the last reissue. :-) thanx a lot for the hard work. It would have been nice to have the dvd, too, but I'm so happy for the Debbie reissues anyway!

2. Bring it on! Worth if for the PWL mixes alone.

biffy77, zephyr and idratherjack like this.
  3. Great tracklisting for the Debbie Gibson reissue with the Jellybean, Masters At Work and unreleased PWL mixes. I hope Anything Is Possible (Remix Edit) is the Harding & Curnow 7" which I've wanted on CD for years!

biffy77, zephyr and WhatKindOfKylie? like this.
  4. Good price too on Cherry Red.

idratherjack likes this.
  5. I try to when the email update reminds me!

6. Need to see how many of these mixes I have elsewhere and see if it warrants me buying it.

7. If you have the dTox sets, and maybe the deluxe (not super deluxe) of the first two albums, you will have the majority of it. So they're being a bit cheeky with the PR, saying X number of tracks have never been remastered on CD. It's possibly only one mix that isn't anywhere else, if any.

I think each release is getting naffer, to be honest. Loved the expanded deluxes of all the studio albums from 1984 to 1992, but the BBC release was a lot of money (on CD) for something in lame packaging. And this just looks terrible...the shot the Japanese release uses is from much later on. The cover simply doesn't work. It looks cheap and like a bootleg. I wish they'd kind of stop exploiting the catalogue like this.

Blaahh, ModeRed, imcal and 1 other person like this.
  8. I know we like to bash lazy record labels but this is a good reminder that fans aren't constricted by time and legalities, whereas record labels are and can't always license what we want. Keep up the great work.

9. Finally got my Peter Cetera this morning. Very bulky.

EDIT : The Cher & Peter Anka tracks have been removed. Permission was withdrawn. Shame.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2022
    Eric Generic likes this.
  10. I think the Harding & Curnow 7" is on the 1990 CD single, if it isnt the same version.

idratherjack likes this.
  11. Abosolutely. That's always my comeback to people who kindly lavish praise on my "fantasy" sets. I don't have to deal with the realities!

moorje likes this.
  12. Are there any packshots of it online? Curious to see it...

13. I wonder if After All was withdrawn/not permitted because of Cher or because it's a soundtrack single (Chances Are starring Cybill Shepherd and Robert Downey Jr.)?

I remember Rock Candy had issues trying to get "Lethal Weapon" for one of the Honeymoon Suite reissues and eventually couldn't get it licensed.

14. I hope it will be, still, lots to enjoy all the same even if not. Gone out with all those rare remixes there.

15. It is, it was on the CD Single.

16. Excellent news, thanks for the heads up.

idratherjack likes this.
  17. Surprise quick release (28th January 2022) for the rumoured China Crisis What Price Paradise 3CD set, Chalky's price looks good;

https://www.chalkys.com/products/china-crisis-what-price-paradise-3cd-pre-sale-28-01-2022?currency=GBP&variant=39616080281678&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=Google Shopping&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI-anrx_am9QIVy513Ch15WAzmEAQYAiABEgKu5PD_BwE

Slightly underwhelming 'extras' track list in my opinion (disc 2) but at £14.28 with a full live set - Liverpool Empire 1987, cannot really complain.

Disc: 1
    1. It's Everything
    2. Arizona Sky
    3. Safe As Houses
    4. Worlds Apart
    5. Hampton Beach
    6. The Understudy
    7. Best Kept Secret
    8. We Do the Same
    9. June Bride
    10. A Day's Work for The Dayo's Done

Disc: 2
    1. Trading In Gold - Jap Bonus Track
    2. Arizona Sky - Single Edit
    3. The Instigator - Italian Fuzzbox Version
    4. Little Italy - B-Side
    5. Best Kept Secret - Prod Andy Partridge
    6. Worlds Apart - Pete Walsh / Strawberry South Sessions
    7. Arizona Sky - 4trk home demo
    8. Safe as Houses - 4trk home demo
    9. Trading in Gold - 4trk home demo
    10. Best Kept Secret - 4trk home demo

Disc: 3
    1. Arizona Sky
    2. Strength Of Character
    3. Black Man Ray
    4. Worlds Apart
    5. We Do the Same
    6. Best Kept Secret
    7. Soul's Awakening
    8. June Bride
    9. The Understudy
    10. It's Everything
    11. Hanna Hanna
    12. King In a Catholic Style (Wake Up)
    13. Working With Fire and Steel
    14. African And White
    15. Wall Of God
    16. Wishful Thinking
    17. Christian

Eric Generic likes this.
  18. Vinny Vero has mentioned the forthcoming Climie Fisher reissues will Everything 5 X CD & Coming In For The Kill 3 X CD.

19. FIVE discs for Everything? Wow. Not sure if even I could stretch that far!

Unless one disc is a DVD.

20. He said 5 CDs, so I assume not.

extinct zebroid and Eric Generic like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.