The Reissue Thread! | Page 1490 | The Popjustice Forum

The Reissue Thread!

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Eric Generic, Oct 19, 2009.

1. I literally only know King of Wishful Thinking from Go West. Are they worth the blind buy? (I mean obviously I can stream a couple songs to check).

2. The debut is quite a different type of sound. 1985, synth pop...more like Level 42 or Nik Kershaw. It still has Peter Cox's fantastic pipes, so if that's the draw then you might like it...but for King... and the subsequent album (Indian Summer) they moved into a more soul/r&b vibe.

SockMonkey and Anjoel40 like this.
  3. The Go West set looks comprehensive, though it’s a great album, more psyched that it hopefully means one for Dancing On The Couch, which is one of my favourites of all time.

Eric Generic likes this.
  4. All are on the Debbie We Could Be Together boxset.

Eric Generic likes this.
  5. It is. The UK 1991 CD single.

6. First listen to the Third Disc of Essential Nik Kershaw, it is three new to CD;

- One Step Ahead (Industrial Mix) - the 7'' was always better
    - Radio Musicola (Extended Mix) - excellent mix, forgotten how good it was
    - Drum Talk (Special Hi-energy Remix) - great to have it, dull to hear

The Wouldnt It Be Good remix is the excellent Simon Boswell 'Twilight Zone' Remix, not the Extended and very sadly, Dancing Girls is the Extended Version on The Riddle 2CD NOT the Special New Mix. If they had dug the master out for Drum Talk, surely the Dancing Girls one was next door...

Eric Generic likes this.
  7. Thanks...on the fence about the Nik set...only 5.99 but...do I need it, etc.

8. I buy anything Nik so three newbies for £6 is worth it. You could make a better super deluxe of Human Racing, Radio Musicola or The Works with them?

Eric Generic likes this.
  9. Ha, you're right....I honestly hadn't thought of deluxe-ing those....but Radio Musicola definitely needs some attention.

ModeRed and Blaahh like this.
  10. That would be incomplete without the Phil Harding mix of Nobody Knows though... I doubt that will ever come out digitally.

Eric Generic likes this.
  11. We will have to make do! Cool idea though to do Radio Musicola, I'm going to look into starting prep for that.

Blaahh likes this.
  12. Banderas reissue delayed again in Italy: new release date Feb 1.

13. We Close Our Eyes and Don't Look Down are bops. Like EG said though, on the 80s boy band scale it's more Wang Chung/Level 42 than the smoother, more Scritti-like King of Wishful Thinking (and much more dated!).

Anjoel40 and Eric Generic like this.

14. Swoon.

Anjoel40 likes this.
  15. They were local boys where I grew up, would see them around. One of Mum's workmates was even dating Richard Drummie.

Vasilios likes this.
  16. My fave Go West stat is that they had more UK top 40 hits in the 90s than in the 80s.

Blaahh and Eric Generic like this.
  17. Ah the power of £1.99 cd singles discounted in week one!

VivaForever, ModeRed, Blaahh and 3 others like this.
  18. Their 2nd album was done so wrong.

19. All true! Hoping to see them in May still. If you’ve never listened to Dancing on the Couch, you should, Crossfire and Masque of Love are magnificent.

Eric Generic likes this.
  20. They sort of fell victim to the Nik Kershaw syndrome...the label kept releasing singles that sounded alike, instead of showcasing more of their versatility. True Colours sounded like the debut, and even the fab Want To Hear It From You ploughed the same furrow.

I think Peter said in '87 that they should have put King Is Dead out as the lead single.

VivaForever and Blaahh like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.