The Reissue Thread! | Page 1522 | The Popjustice Forum

The Reissue Thread!

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Eric Generic, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Odd that the artwork is kept identical to the 1991 original. That makes me wonder if it's legit, or intended for global release.

djessie likes this.
  2. If it is real then they need to drop the "complete singles" part cos it ain't true

Eric Generic likes this.
  3. I would absolutely buy this Pet Shop Boys release. Looking forward to see if this will be available elsewhere.

4. Vocal has a radio edit, so surely that'd be included instead of the nearly 7 minute album version? Axis radio edit too, or was this just a promo single?
    Do we consider Purple Zone a Pet Shop Boys song now as well as Soft Cell? Or would it only belong on a Soft Cell album?

IEngineered and Future Lover like this.
  5. Looks very well done. Wonder if true...

6. They're doing a Greatest Hits tour so it logically makes sense to have an album for sale.

7. And no Hallo Spaceboy again.

AshtrayHeart likes this.
  8. With a decent remaster too hopefully.

letuinmybackdoor likes this.
  9. good

aren't DB family asses

10. Why should Hallo SpaceBoy be included ?
    From Wiki:
    "Hallo Spaceboy" is a song by David Bowie from his 1995 album Outside, and the third and final single from the album. The track was re-recorded in 1996 and issued as a remix featuring Pet Shop Boys as guest artists. Bowie and Brian Eno co-wrote the original album version of the song.
    And this is the single where it states clearly: David Bowie, not David Bowie &/feat PSB
    [​IMG]
    cd single credits (It's Hello SpaceBoy (remix), PSB are credited as producer
    [​IMG]

11. No Absolutely fabulous either if we're being really picky.

12. That’s fine, I never really considered it a PSB song anyway, as a big fan of Bowie’s Outside album, that song strictly belongs him and that era.
    But, does that mean Purple Zone is a Soft Cell song but remixed by PSB? Even though the song states Soft Cell & PSB? But the song already existed as a solo Soft Cell song before the release of their new album, but it was remixed by PSB and replaced on the album.

13. The single version of "How Can You Expect To Be Taken Seriously" also absent.

I think this compilation has been conjured up in a fan's mind.

Vasilios likes this.
  14. I actually (....) thought I'd put Hallo Spaceboy 7" on my 12-disc PSB anthology, but I didn't. So it definitely shouldn't be there.

ModeRed likes this.

15. Magic FM summer 80s cd

16. Ultimate 90s anthems, out may 13
    upload_2022-5-12_1-28-13.jpeg
    upload_2022-5-12_1-27-53.jpeg

lob0to likes this.
  17. The Sundays, an ultimate 90s anthem....trapped between latterday Madness and The Farm.

Truly strange times.

ModeRed likes this.
  18. CD 1 is the same as the original CD, 'How Can Be...' was never included.

Vasilios likes this.
  19. Shakin Stevens a 90’s anthem… hmmm

20. He transcends the ages (and taste).

ModeRed, Eric Generic and lob0to like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.