The Reissue Thread! | Page 1525 | The Popjustice Forum

The Reissue Thread!

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Eric Generic, Oct 19, 2009.

1. I have never heard anything from the album besides to the two big hits and this is arriving to me today. Excited for some 80's cheese!

2. What's wrong with When I fall in love ? It's such a beautiful ballad ! The record needed a ballad.What about the reissue ? Is the booklet any good ?

trussy74, Anjoel40 and imcal like this.
  3. Just always have found any version of When I Fall In Love boring to be honest! The re issue itself, is excellent sound wise, solid remaster. Not looked at the booklet though.

burntoutcar likes this.
  4. Okay, so I finally got around to the Go West reissue.

Jesus fucking christ, this is literally unlistenable.

Is it really *just* a remaster, because to me it sounds like some unholy remix, booming, echo-laden and a total frigging mess.

lob0to, ModeRed, Blaahh and 1 other person like this.
  5. There are a lot of nice releases today. I picked up the Blu-Ray/CD of The Police Around the World. Will try to watch this weekend.

I say I won't pick up the Rick Astley reissue since I have the 2010 set but I know I will cave.

Would also like to get the 60th Anniversary edition of John Coltrane's My Favourite Things.

Txetxu and Eric Generic like this.
  6. Please post your thoughts/findings on that one!

torontodj likes this.
  7. Will do. It says remastered picture and audio but we'll see!

Eric Generic likes this.
  8. The Police Around the World Blu-Ray looks terrific. It's a great 65-minute documentary of their 1979/80 world tour. I'm not a Police expert but it was interesting to see how popular they were at this point and yet they were not playing stadiums or arenas at this point (at least not in this documentary). The performances have a very intimate feel to them.

Cannot lie - I wish we got a full show as a bonus as the concert performances were beautifully filmed, but there are four bonus performances. Not all of the songs in the film appear on the bonus CD (Don't Stand So Close to Me is one of them).

The video quality is great. And the shots of shirtless Sting in India or in his speedos on the beach...

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 21, 2022
    Eric Generic, RaggedTiger and Txetxu like this.
  9. So I ended up caving and getting the Rick Astley reissue and... yet another digipak where you need the Jaws of Life to get the CD out of the slot.

Sigh.

10. I must admit, I don't mind digipaks overall. For space reasons, there are more preferable for me.

11. I don't mind them either but I hate when the CD or disc is squeezed in so tight you have to pull it out and smudge the disc.

lob0to, burntoutcar and Eric Generic like this.
  12. That is annoying, I will admit that.

13. Gave the deluxe Whenever You Need Somebody a spin today, having only heard Never Gonna Give You Up and Together Forever prior, and it's a solid album. Didn't absolutely love it by any means, but Don't Say Goodbye stood out as a bop I will use.

trussy74, hownee and WhatKindOfKylie? like this.
  14. Don't say goodbye could easily fit on 'Wow!'

hownee, WhatKindOfKylie? and Vasilios like this.
  15. Don’t Say Goodbye is the missed opportunity of a 5th single!

trussy74, hownee and WhatKindOfKylie? like this.
  16. Don’t Say Goodbye was a single in Italy.

hownee likes this.
  17. Best album track for sure, love it!

18. Don’t Say Goodbye was always the standout track on the album for me.
    I loved it instantly when I first heard it.

hownee and Blaahh like this.
  19. Yep, solid 5th single - I would argue a better single than Whenever You Need Somebody, which I have always found a little pedestrian SAW material tbh.

IEngineered and Eric Generic like this.
  20. The Italian single included this remix

Never released on any Rick Astley reissue or compilation
    and this megamix

This is a very good megamx with debut album bops

WhatKindOfKylie? and IEngineered like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.