The Reissue Thread! | Page 1529 | The Popjustice Forum

The Reissue Thread!

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Eric Generic, Oct 19, 2009.

1. You're breaking up my heart, I feel like crying.

2. Shaky had Cwazy, Merry Christmas Everyone and a few other not awful ones, but obviously mostly pretty dreadful ones otherwise.

Still more than Lana del Rey.

RaggedTiger likes this.
  3. God damn, this thread strikes deeper into my heart.

4. This in in my view too. Each to their own of course, but he could be a contender for one of the worst pop stars of all time.

5. There's that TV appearance where he got Richard Madeley in a headlock so he's not all bad.

6. His Greatest Hit.

7. And then of course, there was this...

I do like Lipstick, Powder & Paint, and Merry Christmas Everyone is undoubtedly one of the best festive songs ever.

8. Well, suppose there was always that.

letuinmybackdoor likes this.
  9. lob0to likes this.
  10. This is a rave from the grave but does anyone remember the Cherry Pop/Red debacle on Belouis Some's Some People (CRPOP15) from 2009? It was a right mess with drop outs, different volume levels and wrong versions. On one of my music travels this week, I gave it a spin and it is still a fine album - produced by Thompson & Barbiero and Ian Little (DD fame) - Imagination and Stand Down in particular.

Discogs though has two versions, the initial release and a corrected release, differentiated by the matrix number with V2 added to the later version. On checking I have V2 but it suffers from all the original problems, just interested if anyone else had a different copy of V1 or V2 for comparison please?

Last edited: Jun 8, 2022
    Eric Generic likes this.
  11. I did end up with a V1, and it's got the errors and crap mastering (luckily only cost me £3).IIRC, @imcal has either both versions or V2.

Blaahh likes this.
  12. I've got V2 with the same - what's the V1 total disc time out of interest? V2 is 74.23.

13. YourLeadSinger likes this.
  14. Super ridiculously expensive. Even the 3CD set at £41 in a 'pack', crackers.

The official store has the 3CD at a reasonable £27, with an unreasonable £7.29 postage!

Eric Generic and hownee like this.
  15. Yeah the official store has the super deluxe at $330 which seems more accurate. That upcharge is absurd.

Blaahh likes this.
  16. Music industry doing what it has always done and shortcutting the quickest route to a fast buck. They might be right that the market for this has unlimited £/$ but the pricing feels like they are taking the proverbial!

Eric Generic likes this.
  17. I love Blondie but not sure I am bothered about alternative takes and demos etc. I have all the albums with bonus stuff on already so unless it's reduced to a bargain price I'll miss this one.

imcal and Eric Generic like this.
  18. I will dig my copy out of the boxes (it's one I moved into plastic wallets) and check later!

Blaahh likes this.
  19. I've been waiting for this as I only really know Blondie through best ofs. It's looking like £90 is the cheapest for the 8CD set?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.