The Reissue Thread! | Page 1558 | The Popjustice Forum

The Reissue Thread!

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Eric Generic, Oct 19, 2009.

Humanracin likes this.
  2. So, Older is heading to #1. I’m happy because it’s Older, but this reissue is so wrong in many places and the lessons labels will take are totally wrong.

3. I wonder how much of the sales come just from the standard vinyl though.

I really wanted to buy this before it was announced but I ended up only getting the Japan 2 CD. I know a few people who either did the same or just got the vinyl, even if they had originally planned to get the deluxe box.

FLM likes this.
  4. There's a 3 CD, 2 DVD edition as well. Hopefully there will be that missing stuff on it :
    Amazon.com: Break Every Rule (2022 Remaster) : Tina Turner: CDs & Vinyl

Last edited: Oct 5, 2022
    CDMCLP, zephyr, Blaahh and 7 others like this.
  5. manloveuk and idratherjack like this.
  6. CDMCLP, manloveuk and djessie like this.
  7. I hope not. One thing I don’t need is even more Tina live CDs.

8. One of the titles on disc three looks like What’s Love, I hope for all your sakes it isn’t live. I think djpaulT has posted all the Break Every Rule 12s over the years if the set disappoints.

IEngineered and Eric Generic like this.
  9. That was a huge help when putting together my own BER deluxe, along with some of Tina's less obvious comps for the rare non-album stuff.

nlgbbbblth and Blaahh like this.
  10. Yes, djPaulT doesn't get enough respect. Great site and such dedication to quality.

Blaahh and Eric Generic like this.
  11. He's a really nice guy as well. He has helped recently with the ONJ reissues, as he's a huge fan.

12. On it's very own, I'm just glad that Break Every Rule, is getting an long overdue remaster!

13. He has a talent and a passion, I know the music industry is an unforgiving beast but there is room for his ability.

Eric Generic and Anjoel40 like this.
  14. I see Madonna's - Everybody 7inch and the 7inch instrumental is now available on digital download.

15. Can´t believe that is all that is happening today, on her 40th anniversary. Seems like the perfect timing to announce the first deluxe box set of her studio albums.

biffy77 and manloveuk like this.
  16. Break Every Rule kinda did a True Colors / Contact didn't it. Good selling mid 80s LP with 1 hit and some semi ones that followed a career-making blockbuster album with loads of hits.

Eric Generic and lob0to like this.
  17. I was shocked to discover that it only spent a handful of weeks in the actual top 10. 46 wks on the top 100, but most were in the bottom half. It really wasn't a strong seller, and none of the 5 UK singles got higher than #30.

18. I guess ut did break every rule dd

Eric Generic likes this.
  19. Typical male was a '4th single' masquerading as a lead single though.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.